• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunner4564

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Anyone have their hands on one of these yet? I was thinking about getting one a while back but it wasn't really available at the time, just hitting the market. Thanks for any info.

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Are you interested in the 9mm or the .40 cal? I have looked at one and almost bought it when I was a 1911 style 9mm kick. I think they look great. I know some folks had some problems with them early on but I think Springfield got some of the hiccups ironed out.

They are a good looking gun for sure.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had one...

LOVED IT.

One of the most accurate pistols that I've EVER shot. Seriously accurate for a pistol having such a short barrel.

Gorgeous gun, too. Especially with some aftermarket grips!

Not especially small or light, though. Some of Springfield's own .45 ACP micro 1911-style pistols are only fractions of an inch larger...

And then mine developed a perplexing problem; it began perforating primers with the firing pin, this would allow primer material to either be blown back into the FP channel OR the FP was dragging primer material back with it upon its return.

Then I'd get light strikes and failures to fire. A lot. Springfield took it back and replaced the slide for me on their dime. Mine was an early model, 3-digit serial #.

I ran another couple hundred through it to determine that the problem was solved 100%, it was, and then I put it up for sale on here. Member ChrisK bought it and hasn't looked back since! I sold it because, in shooting the EMP, I realised that I'm just not a single-action kind of guy.

9.jpg

1.jpg

Picture032.jpg

-J-

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I had a 9mm EMP for about 3 hours, that is, until my wife got a hold of it! This is one seriously accurate pistol. My wife let's me shoot it once in a while.

We have experience zero malfunctions of any kind and have run the following ammunition through it: WWB, Blazer Brass, Remington UMC, Federal HST 147 gr., Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. +P (would shoot this a lot because of the aluminum frame).

Note, the .40 S&W version has a steel frame and Springfield is supposed to be coming out with an edition in .45 GAP.

Top Bottom