• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motlyx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2015
    greenfield
    what is your take on the springfield ro champion 1911 in 45acp? i have a new one. never fired havent even bought ammo yet. should i sell it an stick with 9mm whats the recoil like compared to a 9mm

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    churchmouse is right about the trigger. My RO shot good right out of the box but after it had a little churchmouse loving and rubbing in all the right places it is even better.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My Springfield is an ultra-compact .45 so snappier than a full size and is by far, my favorite gun to shoot! I would pick up another one in a heartbeat if I could find one locally. Has never let me down...shoots very reliably.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I would give it a try before selling it, or better yet get a 9mm so you will have one of each!! The Range officer is a great gun in .45 and in 9mm. The 9mm recoil is very light, but I don't find the .45 recoil uncomfortable.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    what is your take on the springfield ro champion 1911 in 45acp? i have a new one. never fired havent even bought ammo yet. should i sell it an stick with 9mm whats the recoil like compared to a 9mm

What other/if any handguns do you have/have you shot for comparison purposes? What is your intended purpose for the gun, and what went into your reasoning for buying it (since you are now re-thinking it)? These are some of the questions we'd need to be able to give you advice on keep it or sell it, etc.

As for recoil, 45's generally have a slower recoil/slide cycle type of feeling to them compared to some of the other smaller/higher pressure rounds. Generally quite easy on the hand, and not a concern.

motlyx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2015
    greenfield
    use to shoot a lot of 45. maybe ten years ago. was getting harder on my hands as i got older(not dead just older). so i switched to 9mm. it was easyer for me to shoot.
    a few wks back i tried shooting my sons 45 glock an it wasent to bad. so the next day i bought the gun. then a few days after that my hands started hurting and that
    reminded me of why i switched to start with. but it only last for a few days.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    to mom45. will sell u mine

Two issues...one, you are not local for me....two...you seem to be skirting the rules here a bit for selling things. :ingo:

Welcome to INGO. It won't take you long to get those 50 quality posts and be able to use the classifieds to sell your gun if you wish to do so. Those are really nice guns. If you were closer, I'd be pretty darn tempted. However, rules are rules and I am not going to go against them. I rather like it here. Get involved....I bet you will too.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    IMHO a 1911 (like the Range Officer) and a .357 wheel gun, should be in every serious pistol shooter's collection, along with some kind of .22 LR handgun. I have a SA Loaded and a Match Target. SA makes good 1911's and the Range gets rave reviews among serious competitive shooters, as well as, the average Joe. All that being said, if you want to maximize the utility of your handguns, without going broke, start reloading.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    IMHO a 1911 (like the Range Officer) and a .357 wheel gun, should be in every serious pistol shooter's collection, along with some kind of .22 LR handgun.

You know that you just described a bullseye shooters competion gun kit. Add a Pachmeyer shooting box with a spotting scope and you are ready to go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IMHO a 1911 (like the Range Officer) and a .357 wheel gun, should be in every serious pistol shooter's collection, along with some kind of .22 LR handgun. I have a SA Loaded and a Match Target. SA makes good 1911's and the Range gets rave reviews among serious competitive shooters, as well as, the average Joe. All that being said, if you want to maximize the utility of your handguns, without going broke, start reloading.

And I agree.

One of my Range Officers.....

Top Bottom