• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Seeing Scutter01's new avatar, he will find this amusing ...

With kids spread far and wide, we decided to enjoy a Krank's Christmas this year -- we didn't put up a tree, we mailed off all of the presents and we beat feet outta here for sunny ARIZONA! It had been a long time since the two of us took a vacation that didn't involve kids or work. We used to travel well together, but this trip got off to a somewhat rocky start. By Day Three, I was looking online to see how much it would cost for one of us to come back early.

However, we managed to figure it out and start to enjoy our time together. And, to make a very long story short, we stopped at the Minion Orphanage (aka Toys R Us) and rescued a Minion named Stuart. Stuart was to become our constant companion.

On Christmas day, She Who Must Be Obeyed decreed that we should scale Camelback Mountain. Unfortunately, a gazillion others had the same idea. It was nothing short of a conga line snaking up the side of the mountain. Then we all had to stop. Seems that an unfortunate climber took a spill somewhere ahead of us and had to be airlifted off the mountain.

At the top, we were rewarded handsomely for our toils -- there was a Christmas tree, bedecked with ornaments ... and SANTA CLAUS! So, naturally, we made Santa hold Stuart for a picture.

IMG_4534a_zps3f8dd991.jpg

I deliberately wore my INGO tee shirt for a pic at the top of the mountain. Gotta spread that INGO love everywhere I go, you know.

IMG_4541a_zps7e76c45e.jpg

As we hobbled our way back down the trail with all of the masses, we happened upon a spritely young pair of elves, no doubt returning from their trip up the mountain to bring Santa news about some kids who had been very good. Realizing that asking them to pose for a picture for me would not be a bright request on my part (She Who Must Be Obeyed was right by my side), I deftly withdrew Stuart from my backpack and issued my request. The two lovely elven creatures were more than happy to pose for a picture with our Minion, and She Who Must Be Obeyed was none the wiser.

IMG_4556a_zps1b356893.jpg

Gotta keep that in mind for our next trip somewhere. Bring the Minions! Great little ice breakers, eh, Scutter? :rockwoot:

Top Bottom