• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    We took our 3 year old daughter to see Santa last night at Tippecanoe Mall (yes I was carrying) and on our way home we stopped at SW and looked around. The place looked like it had been stripped of allit's good stuff. Their gun supply was low and almost no ammo to speak of. I noticed the prices were a little higher on all the guns than the last time I was there a couple of months ago. My wife even thought the prices were high on stuff too. My Kahr PM40 I bought from PSS was over $100 higher at Sportsman's than PSS and that was just a couple of months ago. I was disappointed to say the least. Hopefully after the holidays their prices come down a little. Oh well I'll just buy at Plainfield again.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Sportsman's Warehouse (in Lafayette, anyhow) used to be full of ammo, but since early November they haven't been able to keep stock levels up. Shotgun Shells are around, as are strange rifle rounds, but don't go looking for 9mm or .45 or something.. last time I was there, I don't think I could find a box of .40 at all, period..

If you want ammo, hit Wally World..

Pistols (in stock) are limited, but they've got a bunch of rifles. Prices are high, but they're not going for the person who's price shopping anyhow..

They've got a bunch of nice Surefire lights and knives, though!!

smed22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    The times I've been the Sportsman, they have had good selection but prices seem high for about everything, not just shooting stuff. Good to use if you're local and need something quick.

Doublet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Lafayette
    Sportsman Warehouse (Lafayette)

When they first came to Lafayette they seemed to be inline with most other shops in town . But as time pass it seems they have went above most . Their ammo (handgun) is usally none existant on popular calibers . , and if waiting at gun counter , you are lucky to be aknowleged that you are waiting . :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    They do seem to be pricey, but they have a lot of stuff I haven't been able to find around here in terms of reloading goodies.

Service was good, especially considering how many people were at the gun counter. The guy helping us was also helping a couple other couples at the same time.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sportsman's for Reloading supplies, Ammo (if you catch a sale...or coupons...), and MAGAZINES.

They're VERY competitive on mag prices.

-J-

turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    Just bought a t\c encore last week at sportsman's, they were very helpful and the price was the same as everyone else or a little cheaper!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    We took our 3 year old daughter to see Santa last night at Tippecanoe Mall (yes I was carrying) and on our way home we stopped at SW and looked around. The place looked like it had been stripped of allit's good stuff. Their gun supply was low and almost no ammo to speak of. I noticed the prices were a little higher on all the guns than the last time I was there a couple of months ago. My wife even thought the prices were high on stuff too. My Kahr PM40 I bought from PSS was over $100 higher at Sportsman's than PSS and that was just a couple of months ago. I was disappointed to say the least. Hopefully after the holidays their prices come down a little. Oh well I'll just buy at Plainfield again.

I dunno but stop pointing that gun at me chief!:draw:

Siderite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Since no one else has mentioned it explicitly, I think I'll point out that Sportsman's in Lafayette has closed, to save anyone a trip who was planning on going there.

Sportsman's Warehouse - America's Premier OutfitterT (See March 10th, 2009)

1. 23 stores are being liquidated to reduce bank debt.
    • Aurora, CO
    • Coon Rapids, MN
    • DePere, WI
    • Henderson, NV
    • Lafayette, IN
    • Las Cruces, NM
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Legacy, TX
    • Memphis, TN
    • Nampa, ID
    • New Berlin, WI
    • Oklahoma City, OK