3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    In PA, recording requires consent from all parties involved. What he did was illegal.... now, with that said, the shenanigans that followed were complete bull:poop:... The kid never should have been charged in the first place.

We wonder why bullied kids snap and go on killing sprees... this is why...

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Break law, go to jail.

Why do you guys hate the rule of law so much?

So, if you had a son that was special needs and he did this cause no one was believing him or listening to him about being bullied, you would be like"hey my son may have been bullied by two or three other kids, threatened to be burnt by a lighter and none of the teachers are doing anything about, but hey that's not the big issue here. The real issue here is that my 15 year old special needs son broke the law by recording them doing it so arrest him and charge him for it cause its the right thing to do"???:nuts:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So, if you had a son that was special needs and he did this cause no one was believing him or listening to him about being bullied, you would be like"hey my son may have been bullied by two or three other kids, threatened to be burnt by a lighter and none of the teachers are doing anything about, but hey that's not the big issue here. The real issue here is that my 15 year old special needs son broke the law by recording them doing it so arrest him and charge him for it cause its the right thing to do"???:nuts:
    Methinks you missed the implied purple.

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    The real issue here is not the child unknowingly committing a crime in order to try and protect himself but its the school corporations, teachers, staff, and principle not doing there job to begin with by allowing the bullying to continue without being dealt with. Then trying to cover up there mistakes and save face by taking it out on the boy by trying to charge him and focus attention on that fact.

Sometimes, as in this instance, the crime does not necessarily inherit the punishment and any good judge should throw the case right out the window.
    I hope the parents turn around and sue the school for negligence of duty for the child getting repeatedly bullied and for whatever else they can.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Reading about the law there it shouldn't qualify at all.

Pennsylvania Recording Law | Digital Media Law Project

The law does not cover oral communications when the speakers do not have an "expectation that such communication is not subject to interception under circumstances justifying such expectation." See 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 5702 (link is to the entire code, choose Title 18, Part II, Article F, Chapter 57, Subchapter A, and then the specific provision). Therefore, you may be able to record in-person conversations occurring in a public place without consent. However, you should always get the consent of all parties before recording any conversation that common sense tells you is private.
    I do not see how they could argue that common sense said this was a private conversation.

Top Bottom