Source for baltic birch plywood in NE Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Looking for 1/2” or 3/4” (approximately) Baltic birch plywood or something equivalent like Appleply in the NE section of the state. Either 5’ x 5’ or 4’ x 8’ sheets would be fine. Menards used to carry 4 x 8 sheets in stock but now it’s only special order, and I don’t trust buying sight unseen particularly considering they have a 25% restocking fee if you reject it. Thanks.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county

Thanks, but I'm just looking for a few sheets at retail. Robertweed website includes the following:

"Robert Weed Corporation is a value-added fabricator and wholesale distributor of wood, composite and associated products to multiple industries. Wholesale and Original Equipment Manufacturer inquiries welcome. Retail consumers should contact their OEMs for replacement parts. Retail sales are not available through Robert Weed Corporation."

I suspect that leaves me out, but I sent them a message anyway. We'll see.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    It would be a drive, but Johnson's Workbench in South Bend would have likely have it. I know they carry a pretty wide variety of plywood (walnut, cherry, maple, etc.)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It would be a drive, but Johnson's Workbench in South Bend would have likely have it. I know they carry a pretty wide variety of plywood (walnut, cherry, maple, etc.)

I was just going to suggest this. It's an interesting place to go if you are in to wood working. It's just up the road from me.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I was just going to suggest this. It's an interesting place to go if you are in to wood working. It's just up the road from me.

Yeah, their prices can be a little salty but they have a nice selection and wide variety. Plus they carry a decent selection of specialized wood working tools if you get into a pinch and can't wait on shipping.

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI

Thanks for that. I'm also looking for Baltic Birch, and wasn’t aware of Johnson's Workbench. I was going to settle for birch from my local Menards, but their selection was too warped and chipped to consider.

Top Bottom