• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    I see now many people that were led by the scare of not being able to buy a semi-auto and paying the outragous amounts from the price gouging community out here. They are now putting them up for sale and trying to get what they paid for them. Sorry about their luck but now retailers are starting to sell the semi's for about what they were before the big scare started. I am just so happy i was prepared and not led by the scare and emptied my wallet for one. Now everyone that got taken should just reap a little and learn from their mistakes and stay prepared and see that you could of saved a little, i mean a lot of money. I just hope all new gun lookers look around a little to see that you can actually buy a new AR a lot cheaper than what these people are still asking and hoping to get a little of their money back. Good luck and God Bless and please keeping standing together as one!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    You're going to see this for a long while now. In 08, it took about 2 years for things to stabilize to "Normal" or as normal as it gets on this planet of hairless apes....

People will use the "I want what I have in it" or "I paid XXX over retail and that's what I am selling it fer, FIRM". The panicky hillbillies have again maxed their cards and will have to eat Ramen and Miller High Life for a while to pay them off again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looking through the classifieds I see some who are still thinking or hoping the scare is still on. AR's have come down a bit but the prices are up across the board. Ammo/hand and long guns.
    1911's well used for more than new. They are starting to show up in the LGS again NIB so be patient.
    .22 ammo at ridiculous prices.

Keep your head and take some time. Parts/pieces/ammo and guns can be found for decent money.

Last edited:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    You're going to see this for a long while now. In 08, it took about 2 years for things to stabilize to "Normal" or as normal as it gets on this planet of hairless apes....

People will use the "I want what I have in it" or "I paid XXX over retail and that's what I am selling it fer, FIRM". The panicky hillbillies have again maxed their cards and will have to eat Ramen and Miller High Life for a while to pay them off again.

You have Ramen?? It's always out at the store. I'll give you $5 per package.

PM Sent

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You could have made your point just as effectively without the hillbillies, ramen, and beer part. A lot of affluent people lose when buying on speculation too so why discriminate? Substitute some other pejorative term for a group of people with some accompanying stereotypical food and drink and see what happens...

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I happen to like Ramien Noodles. I did not panic buy anything though. As for Beer I prefer a darker more robust beer than Millers. To each his own.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    There were more than a few guys walking around the Stout Field show last weekend with $2000+ Ar's. They didn't seem too happy with the new prices of $900 - $1,200. Or the fact new Pmags were $20 - $30. As the OP said "Sorry about your luck"!

Top Bottom