• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    For those of you who's pocket carried in jeans, what firearm specifically works the best?
    For those who don't, what do you suggest?
    Caliber, type, most concealable, all can be considered in this. I know there's not a perfect gun for pocket carry but someone with experience with this who could help me would be greatly appreciated.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Either a P290 or SW442. They can use the same pocket holster. I do not think you need to sacrifice and go anything below a 38 or 9mm. There are smaller ones but then you step down to 380 or 32.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    I carry a j framed revolver in my backpocket. The handle sticks out just enough in the event that you needed to get to it in a hurry. Instead of a pocket holster that is a bit smaller than my pocket and tends to move around a bit, i just use an OWB holster. It fits perfectly into my back pocket and keeps my gun from moving around and getting out of place.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I have a specially modified jean pocket and carry a 7 1/2" 44 mag Ruger Redhawk with a scope. The stupid girls think it is an awesome physical anomaly of mine and believe I am the sex God of their dreams! Seriously, the varieties of pocket 9's, and 380's is vast, but My LCP is allot like my old pocket knife. I just naturally grab it while getting dressed and proceed with my day.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I have carried the S&W 442 for a long time, in a pocket holster. Recently picked a Ruger LCP, and it is flatter, and lighter. Both are great choices, and would do the job if needed. The 442 is a great IWB carry as well, heck, carry one of each.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    As you acknowledged, there is no single best answer. It comes down to either a small revolver or a single-stack semi. I've carried both a Ruger LCP and Kahr CM9 and wouldn't have a problem recommending either. Be aware that this form of carry is a compromise: any pocket gun will be smaller and hold fewer rounds.

Whatever firearm you get, two rules to carry it safely:
    • be sure to get a proper pocket holster to protect the trigger
    • do not carry other items in that pocket

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I use a small revolver in a Mika pocket holster.

I generally only wear "painter" or "carpenter" jeans, though. They tend to have larger pockets and larger pocket openings.

Whatever firearm you choose - please, use a good holster.

-J-

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I carry an LCP w/CorBon HPs in a pocket holster when I pocket carry. It's a perfect fit and an extra mag is easy. I did look at the Bersa Thunder and I may end up getting one of those when the wife takes her LCP back.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Depends on the jeans. Skinny jeans. Fat jeans. Fitted jeans. Comfort-fit jeans. "Painter's" jeans. Depends.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If you purchase your jeans from Rural King, a SR9c can be carried very nicely with the proper pocket holster. It draws pretty quickly too.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    As has been said, much depends on what you wear, how you wear it, and your overall preferences. I wear my jeans a bit loose and the particular brand I wear have front pockets plenty large enough for pocket carry IMO. I carry a PM9 every day in the holster shown below. (Link to the holster)

PM9inHolsterFront_zps1cf2dad3.jpg

This is the side that "prints" on the outside (well worn now):
    PM9inHolsterBack_zpsace0bcc4.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I carry an LCP w/CorBon HPs in a pocket holster when I pocket carry. It's a perfect fit and an extra mag is easy. I did look at the Bersa Thunder and I may end up getting one of those when the wife takes her LCP back.

The Bersa Thunder 380 is great gun, but it is a little thick for pocket carry.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Personally I pocket carry my Ruger LCR .357 in a cheap Blackhawk pocket holster. I am carrying it that way right now as a matter of fact. I swap my wallet to my left rear pocket and drop the revolver into the right rear pocket. It feels just like I'm carrying two wallets and is actually more comfortable than my wallet in that pocket. I wear carpenter jeans most times at work but I have done this with all sorts of different jean and short stlyes and it works equally well in everything Ive tried.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I have an uncle mikes pocket holster for my keltec P32. I've never had a single failure with it, usually carry a corbon HP in the chamber, and Fiocchi fmjs in the magazine. It's the gun that's ALWAYS with me, even though I usually have either a G23 or a CZ 75 with me as well.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If it would help, I generally wear wranglers. Like the regulars or the ones you ride horses in, I don't know what they're called to be honest. They aren't tight fitting, I can't take that. To be perfectly honest I'd prefer a .38 but I'm afraid it won't fit. I can deal with a .38, it doesn't have to be a .357. I'd also take a p32, I've looked at both. However, I just remembered something, does anyone know about the eaa windicator? Is that too bulky?

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I have always liked Smith & Wesson J frames. Currently I carry a S&W 640 Pro Series in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster which lets the grip protrude slightly above the top of the pocket, which I like. Sort of CC and OC at the same time...:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom