• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Several years ago we got off a plane and drove our rental car to a Sarasota Walmart. When we came out there was a yellow spray painted dot on our rear bumper, right side, about the size of a silver dollar. There is no way it was an accident. Yep we looked like tourists straight off the plane in a rental car. Our bags were in the trunk, but of course the inside of the car was pristine. Once we got to our unit, nail polish remover took it off. I have searched for years to find out what this was about. I believe we were targeted for something, but I don’t know what, and it never happened AFAIK.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    You were supposed to find the paint and remove it. That was a red herring. You found it, removed it and we're disarmed about it.

However you missed the small tracking device that was placed up against the frame under your car. This way the fed was able to track your general where abouts. Something happened while you were traveling arose suspicion so they had to check you out.

So they probably tracked you until you dropped off the rental and went home in which case they retrieved their tracker and osed the case on you.

I'll bet if you do a f.o.i.a request for your info it will pop up on the results.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You were supposed to find the paint and remove it. That was a red herring. You found it, removed it and we're disarmed about it.

However you missed the small tracking device that was placed up against the frame under your car. This way the fed was able to track your general where abouts. Something happened while you were traveling arose suspicion so they had to check you out.

So they probably tracked you until you dropped off the rental and went home in which case they retrieved their tracker and osed the case on you.

I'll bet if you do a f.o.i.a request for your info it will pop up on the results.
    Anyone else hear that beeping?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    At the world Sporting Clays championships in San Antonio, TX, there were a large number of vehicles broken into while parked in motel lots. Many competition grade guns were stolen. They all had a small red sticker on the back bumper. I carried everything into the room with me every night, to heck with the motel rules. My company truck was stolen. It was recovered later and was stripped. It also had the same small red sticker on the bumper.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    GorgeousSlimIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Anybody in LE want to give it a try?

I've seen theft crews walk a parking lot, tag likely vehicles, then break into them all at once as their getaway driver pulls in. It's rare and usually happens at high value locations where people have valuables, the place I saw it was a gym. I never saw anyone use spray paint, usually just a group walking around all on their cell phones coordinating (on video, I didn't watch it real time).

So, it's plausible but impossible to say for sure.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It used to be a taxi and the new paint got knocked off when you struck the car next to you while parking. It would seem that you got away with it.

Until today when you freely admitted it on the internet, soon Al Gore will be knocking on your door.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Basic Scams are for the Victim to Notice the Object after you have unlocked the car to allow the Thief to do what he wants while you are Distracted

Paint on the Back Bumper would not align with that plan

Top Bottom