• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Looking at a SOG Flash 2, and a S&W SWAT assisted opening. Anybody have preferences they think would be better. SOG is about 55 bucks, SW is about 37. Not worried about price as long as it is under 55 bucks and I would like an assisted open. Let me know.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    the SnW is a POS. the SOGs aren't horrible.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED $$$ ON A SnW KNIFE!!!

if you want a GREAT assisted opening knife for around those prices, check out Kershaw. biggest bang for your buck, great, honorable company, and they do things the right way. the designs are better, more original, and are more highly reguarded in the industry for good reason.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I had one was a great knife aslong as it was kept clean it would gum up pretty bad after it was in some mud but never to much to not clean

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I picked up a similar S&W knife at Smoky Mountain Knifeworks for about 7 bucks. Its worth what I paid but made in China and probably wont hold an edge.

i had one of the very first SnW folders, from back in like.... 1998 or something.... same deal as today....

i carried it for a long time, before i knew better. it held an edge surprisingly well. its really the LOCKS which are the safety hazard. you get what you pay for. sorta like the "it sounds too good to be true!" but its "if it sounds to good to be good!"......

sdugga517

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    I've had the SOG Flash II for a year or so now. I use the edge everyday and is still really sharp. Great choice.

Top Bottom