So your gunshot incapacitated the perp, now what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I would dial 911, I'm not a trained medical professional not to mention this person would have just attempted to harm my family.... as far as I'm concerned the BG does not matter to me.

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    The issue is VERY easy to solve. See, it's all about shot placement, double tap chest, single to the old melon. Permanently incapacitated. See, easy!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Call 911 immediately, have them come and save the BG. He'll do short time, if any, and when out trying to hurt somebody next go around, maybe they'll shut him down for good.

Kinda like a small fish, catch and release type of thing.

Although we could make for some age class/slot limit.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    All jokes aside, I doubt the immediate 911 call would have the trained folks arrive in time (due to shot placement).

But after a couple of shots, if the threat was stopped and the BG still alive, I would call 911 and let him become their problem.

No way am i gonna try to stop any bleeding, who knows what crud he has in that stuff.

The BG may have sympathetic bystanders, or worse, fellow BGs............working on him, or just even being around him, could make for problems.

recon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Lafayette
    Once someone has proven themselves a threat to my life, they are dead. Just because you can save them, doesnt mean you have to.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I agree with stopping a threat. Once they are down, I have to stop. I will wait for the PD to arrive to search and give aid.

Read recon's post again. In this context, it's a guy breaking in. Not a guy robbing you at gunpoint. You FELT in fear of your life so you shot him. That doesn't mean your life IS in danger, just that you FELT it to be and acted on that belief.

If the person turns out to be your drunk neighbor you've known for 30 years, does that change anything? Not in recon's world which is why I take issue. Just because you felt threatened doesn't mean that perception will continue after you have incapacitated them.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Read recon's post again. In this context, it's a guy breaking in. Not a guy robbing you at gunpoint. You FELT in fear of your life so you shot him. That doesn't mean your life IS in danger, just that you FELT it to be and acted on that belief.

If the person turns out to be your drunk neighbor you've known for 30 years, does that change anything? Not in recon's world which is why I take issue. Just because you felt threatened doesn't mean that perception will continue after you have incapacitated them.

Anytime a trigger is pulled and the projectile strikes someone, that person will have to explain to the police why he felt his safety was at risk.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Just because the threat is down does not mean he is incapacitated. He could come to in the 10 minutes you're trying to treat him while the cops are on their way. He could attack you again...perhaps he has other weapons hidden to strike again. I will not put myself in that position. I will keep a safe distance, keep him covered, ensure my and my family's safety, and wait for the professionals to take care of him(medically and criminally) as they see fit.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    1.) You do call 911 and on stand the lawyer says this: "You had so little regard for this man's life that you didn't even attempt to help!?!

At this point you turn to the jury and say, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is the best the prosecutor can do. He knows full well that I called 911 to bring professional medical assistance to the person who threatened my life. Remember, one of us here has sworn to tell the whole truth -- and it wasn't the prosecutor who did so."

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Why not?

Supermarkets carry them for around $11 a box of 100+. It's too cheap not to keep some in your car, a pair in your pockets etc.

You carry a gun, so whats two gloves?

And the prosecuting attorney sez: "So, Mr. Napalm... you planned your criminal actvity far in advance, eh... even to the point of having gloves in your car so that you would avoid leaving any fingerprints behind at the scene of your killing spree." :)

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    ^^ I realized the other day that in the back of my car I have a tarp, paper towels, a rope, a knife(all for dealing with deer when hunting), an old pair of boots, and a garbage bag(that the often muddy boots sit on). Hell I might as well throw in some duct tape and a shovel to complete the set.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ^^ I realized the other day that in the back of my car I have a tarp, paper towels, a rope, a knife(all for dealing with deer when hunting), an old pair of boots, and a garbage bag(that the often muddy boots sit on). Hell I might as well throw in some duct tape and a shovel to complete the set.

Yep. And if you had a jug of Clorox, they might confuse you for one of Tony Soprano's hit men.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

You keep the Chloroform in the glovebox?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

Don't forget the lye! :laugh:

Top Bottom