So you want to reload but you don’t know where to begin (??)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    I had all of my reloading equipment and components stolen from me back in 2000. I didnt have insurance that would cover it due to some unforseen circumstances. I finally replaced all of the things I lost a couple of years ago and add some new stuff.

I love reloading as much as I enjoy shooting. If you enjoy it as much as I do, and you came upon your reloading equipment at a five finger discount, I hope you have enjoyed it too.

Sorry for the rant. (not really)
    Thanks for the post. It is something that has been needed.

chuckyd46032

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Super Info

This is absolutely the most amazing information anyone could ask for. Thanks so much for the hard work.

Chuck

kschnell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Thanks for the time to post all of this information. I am just looking to get into reloading and I am getting all kinds of different information on the type of equipment I should buy. You pretty much described the different equipment that I am looking at but also helped by listing some of the cheaper places such as Harbor Freight where I might buy some decent tools without spending lots. It is not cheap to get started. Thank again.

gobs1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Here is a list of manufactures and or companies that you should know about if you plan on reloading and buying reloading supplies:

Listed in no Particular Order

Where to find "Bullet"s:
    dardas cast bullets
    Berry's Manufacturing
    Missouri Bullet Company
    Home
    Rocky Mountain Reloading
    Roze Distribution, Inc. - Zero Bullets and Ammunition
    Montana Gold Bullet, Incorporated - Kalispell, Montana
    www.precisiondelta.com/index1.htm
    X-Treme Bullets - (800) 482-2103
    Scharch Mfg Inc.
    Graf & Sons - The Reloading Authority
    Shooting Supplies, Reloading, Gunsmithing, Hunting, Ammunition, Gun Parts & Rifle Scopes — MidwayUSA
    Gamaliel Shooting Supply - Rifle Scopes, Reloading Supplies, Gun Accessories, Guns
    Dpms firearms, panther arms, dpms panther arms, dpms, dpms firearms, dpms guns
    Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC
    Specializing in Reloading Supplies and Equipment for Firearms - Sinclair International
    Natchez Shooters Supplies
    TJCONEVERA.COM
    Rocky Mountain Reloading
    Home

Who has "Primers?":
    Cabela's Official Website - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear at competitive prices.
    Powder Valley, Inc.
    Shooting Supplies, Reloading, Gunsmithing, Hunting, Ammunition, Gun Parts & Rifle Scopes — MidwayUSA
    Specializing in Reloading Supplies and Equipment for Firearms - Sinclair International
    Gamaliel Shooting Supply - Rifle Scopes, Reloading Supplies, Gun Accessories, Guns

Where can I get "Brass":
    Starline Brass - Maker of America's Finest Handgun Brass
    Once Fired Brass, Once fired 9mm, Once fired .40, Reloading supplies, Pistol brass, cast bullets
    Berry's Manufacturing
    Powder Valley, Inc.
    Starline Brass - Maker of America's Finest Handgun Brass
    TJCONEVERA.COM

Reloading Press and Tools:
    Home - Kempf Gun Shop
    Dillon Precision: Reloaders, Reloading Equipment, Bullet Reloading, Bullet Reloaders
    Brian Enos - Competition Shooting Books, Slide-Glide, DVDs & Reloading
    Lee Precision, Inc. Reloading Tools and Equipment: Missing Page
    Hornady.com - Deadly, Accurate, Dependable - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc
    Midsouth Shooters Supply, Reloading, Air Guns, Optics, Muzzleloaders & Shooting Supplies

Dies:
    Home - Kempf Gun Shop
    Dillon Precision: Reloaders, Reloading Equipment, Bullet Reloading, Bullet Reloaders
    Lee Precision, Inc. Reloading Tools and Equipment: Missing Page

Misc. Tools and other places to spend your kids Inheritance :D
    Berry's Manufacturing
    Home - Kempf Gun Shop
    Lee Precision, Inc. Reloading Tools and Equipment
    Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
    Midsouth Shooters Supply, Reloading, Air Guns, Optics, Muzzleloaders & Shooting Supplies
    J and J Products - Ammunition Cases.

Here is an excellent source for tried and true load data on various powders and shell cases, etc.
    Steve's Reloading Data Pages

Well team for what it worth that's (My Two Cents) and that's all I've got, I think I’ve laid out enough information for you to review and safely begin your quest in reloading.

Please feel free to leave your questions & comments as I know there are many extremely knowledgeable people on here who will be more than happy to answer your questions..

I hope you find the information helpful.

Linkpimp..
    you could write a book....only 9 years?? there is a wealth of information here thank you. do you offer lessons? I inherited a Hollywood turret press 12 station

e-llipsis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Brownsburg, IN
    Addition to the list

My apologies if this was already mentioned, and hopefully I'm not being too presumptuous here, but I'd like to suggest a addition to the main list. In a effort to support a local vendor, and because everyone seems to agree that Andrew is a good guy, I'd like to see Profire Arms be added.

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I reloaded my first rounds of .38 spc ammo last weekend. This thread has been a great help. I was very intimidated years ago when I first started to think about getting into reloading. But after reading this and doing it myself with a friend I feel much more comfortable reloading. It's like if you read, follow directions, measure regularly and be careful, you'll be fine.

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Oh, I plan to get the RCBS Rock Chucker kit. Seems single stage is the best place to start. I want to get it from Midway USA because they sell it for $30 less than everyone else but they are sold out! Ugh! ($289 vs $319)

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    BTW, Big props to Linkpimp for all the great info here. You mention the Lyman 49th edition book. I've been advised to get the 45th edition too because is has info that isn't in the 49th and to cross reference both of them. A quick search on eBay and I found at least half a dozen.

I know I'll be back to this thread over and over as I reload!

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    Great thread, learned a lot from this site, thanks linkpimp for all the information - wife gave me the go ahead, get books this week-in and in the process of buying a Lee Classic Turret Press and begin from there.

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I just got the old Lyman 45 and the new Lyman 49 Reloading Manuals. Also have wet media tumbler and have quickly tumbled 45 ACP to a shean! For only an hour at that!

Reading, reading and more reading. Oh and YouTube watching...

Top Bottom