• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    :rolleyes:

Anyone that carries a gun should know better than to carry one into a school.
    Sure it was in a school? School property includes more than schools. Our local school board meetings are in the administration building. Not a school but still "school property". Heck they just closed down a school and are getting ready to demolish it, it's just going to be one big field for now. After it's all done, just cutting across a field will be a felony if carrying.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I went by a police car the other day a little over the speed limit. He pulled out behind me. I was going by a school at the time. I was thinking at the time, I won't stop until I get to the park (1/4 mile). He might be mad, but I wasn't pulling into the school parking lot.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    :rolleyes:

Anyone that carries a gun should know better than to carry one into a school.
    It happens, look how many times those who should have known better leave their guns in public restrooms. This should be one of those instances the prosecutor says no good will come from charging this guy with that, find some bs lower charge like trespassing and a hefty fine and be done with it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It happens, look how many times those who should have known better leave their guns in public restrooms. This should be one of those instances the prosecutor says no good will come from charging this guy with that, find some bs lower charge like trespassing and a hefty fine and be done with it.
    Or maybe just don't charge him at all.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If one chooses to carry a gun in a prohibited place at least make sure you’re not gonna drop the damned thing! Concealed means concealed ’til it isn’t. Oops!

I’m willing to bet an attorney somewhere is going to make a lot of money off this one.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Shame this happened. I heard on radio it maybe wasn't a school, but that is here nor there.

What I find more shameful is all them Karens with their phones out. They would be the first to complain if someone was making a video of them being stupid.

People really need lives now days, and a lil more couth...........the world has messed up priorities.

End rant........

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    index.php

That could have been avoided ... :dunno:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sure it was in a school? School property includes more than schools. Our local school board meetings are in the administration building. Not a school but still "school property". Heck they just closed down a school and are getting ready to demolish it, it's just going to be one big field for now. After it's all done, just cutting across a field will be a felony if carrying.
    Not if you're in a car. :laugh:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    He probably will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law because he doesn't have a prior felony conviction.
    With a prior felony conviction, at least in Marion County, it would be downgraded to a misdemeanor and he would be released without bond. The political powers in Marion County don't want to inconvenience the family members of their supporters.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    He probably will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law because he doesn't have a prior felony conviction.
    With a prior felony conviction, at least in Marion County, it would be downgraded to a misdemeanor and he would be released without bond. The political powers in Marion County don't want to inconvenience the family members of their supporters.

^^^THIS^^^

Will also strip yet another otherwise law abiding citizen (assumption) of the right to own a firearm...

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Until it isn't a felony, it is. Donxt play stupid games and win stupid prizes.
    The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it.

An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed.

Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it . . .

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one.

An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law.

Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the land, it is superseded thereby.
    No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.

— Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom