So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Back to loading 9mm.
    Still working with 147gr Summit City coated RN and AutoComp. Also using the oldest CCI 550's I have in my stockpile.
    I've played with AutoComp at the maximum range and cannot get any decent SD with it so far its very inconsistent. So going back down and working my way up 0.1gr at a time to see if I can put together a nice accurate load with this powder.
    At this point I do not like AutoComp for 9mm, or 10mm.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Back to loading 9mm.
    Still working with 147gr Summit City coated RN and AutoComp. Also using the oldest CCI 550's I have in my stockpile.
    I've played with AutoComp at the maximum range and cannot get any decent SD with it so far its very inconsistent. So going back down and working my way up 0.1gr at a time to see if I can put together a nice accurate load with this powder.
    At this point I do not like AutoComp for 9mm, or 10mm.

I gave up on autocomp a long time ago switched over to titegroup.. Auto comp is way too inconsistent

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I gave up on autocomp a long time ago switched over to titegroup.. Auto comp is way too inconsistent
    I am a long time user with Bullseye and Unique in all of my small to medium handgun loads.
    Ive just never been that impressed with some of the newer powders over the last 20 years.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    50 .44 Mag with 240 grn Hornady XTP over a medium load of IMR 4227. All on a Redding Big Boss single stage press with RCBS carbide dies. The Dillon 500 was off the bench for a good cleaning and I had some extra time so I enjoyed the slower process of reloading. These cartridges are intended for a Marlin 1894 lever gun. :patriot:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Screenshot_20230714-215625_Digital Link.jpg
    Best I could do with AutoComp. A little over charged according to load manual. No over pressure signs at all.
    This was out of my Dagger. 4.5" threaded barrel.
    Several shoots did not get recorded I was out in full sun, and it seems to affect it some.
    My Competition Electronics ProChrono likes cloudy weather.

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    While I was following the returns last night I occupied my time fruitfully by prepping some 308 brass for my cousin who is working on a few loads for his Model 70.

And I prepped the brass from my last shoot with the Henry 44mag. After 7 loads with 4 different powders I think I have a good enough load using 19.3 grains of Lil'Gun with a 225 FTX Hornady bullet. I am kind of hoping to do my first deer hunt using it.

The last few months have really gotten me in to reloading. I have reloaded more ammo in the last few months then I have for the last 6 years! I am really enjoying doing it more for some reason.

So what are you reloading at the moment? Please share.
    10MM and .44 Magnum. I shoot 9MM but they are cheap enough now so I don't bother reloading them.

Top Bottom