So, what are you having for dinner tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    The girlfriend has been out of town visiting her parents for a few days, so I am here by my self for a few days. Activities so far have included

-Jeep oil change
    -Fishing
    -Some shooting at Marion county fish and game
    -Buying a few "little" jeep parts (shhhhhh)
    -Drinking ice cold beers in the field behind our apartment complex
    -Call of duty online + volume cranked all the way up

Long story short, I am hungry and want something awesome to eat for dinner tonight. I instantly started thinking BACON, but what can I make with it to make it meal? BLT = not enough bacon, green beans wrapped in bacon and coated with brown sugar and butter = not enough bacon, bacon pizza is getting close, but I am not in the pizza mood.

anyone ever put bacon on tacos? how about Shepard's pie with bacon?

Any ideas for a hungry INGO'er? :ingo:

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    How about a double pork burger with bacon. I make 'em at home all the time. A couple of grilled ground pork patties with bacon, lettuce, onion, tomato, Heinz 57 and a dill pickle.:rockwoot:

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    FIRST _ YOU MUST GRILL!! You are a man. A man alone. A man alone with deep hunger and the ability to make fire.SECOND - Go to the store and buy more bacon ( I love the Italian Pancetta ) and Johnsonville Bratwurst or a filet mignon. THIRD - start grill, prep meats by pinning bacon around it or heating bacon on the sideto put ON the meat. If Brats, boil the brats in beer before grilling. Then grill with the bacon pinned to the outside. Add real cheese and condiments.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Hot Brown Sandwich

HotBrownSandwich.jpg

Hot Brown Sandwich
    6 tablespoons butter
    6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    3 cups milk
    1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    1 egg, room temperature and beaten
    Salt and black pepper to taste
    1/2 cup prepared whipped cream
    8 slices toasted white bread, crust trimmed off
    1 pound cooked turkey breast, thinly sliced
    Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
    1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
    8 bacon slices, fried crisp

In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Gradually add flour, stirring constantly, until smooth and free from lumps. Gradually stir in milk until sauce comes to a gentle boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted and well blended.
    In a small bowl, beat egg. Gradually add 1 cup of hot sauce, 1/3 cup at a time, to the egg, stirring constantly. Gradually add egg mixture to remaining sauce, stirring constantly until well blended; add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in whipped cream.
    For each Hot Brown sandwich, place two slices of toasted bread on a metal (or flameproof) dish. Cover the toast with a liberal amount of turkey. Pour a generous amount of sauce over the turkey. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Place entire dish under a broiler until the sauce is speckled brown and bubbly. Remove from broiler, sprinkle with diced pimientos, cross two pieces of bacon over the top, and serve immediately.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Mmmmmmm grilled foood.....

Bad news, no grilling withing 25 feet of the buildings at my apartment, and I live on the 3rd floor and do not own a grill (yet). closest thing I have is a foreman :(

There will be many brats when camping next weekend though. never thought of putting bacon on a brat, i will have to try that for sure :)

EDIT: OMG THAT BROWN SANDWICH SOUNDS AMAZING! I think we might have a winner.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Macaroni & cheese with sliced hotdogs mixed in.

Awww Yeahhhhh!

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Sirloin steak with baked potato. God my wife loves me! Hopefully finished in time to drive over to Monticello and catch the Madam Carroll and watch some live musical entertainment tonight.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I would recommend bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, baked beans and bacon with a side of bacon tacos.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Just got back from Indiana Downs. Eat a great buffet, won a couple bucks, and enjoyed an early Father's Day with my wife, my daughter & son-in-law.
    Great times were had by all.:D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The girlfriend has been out of town visiting her parents for a few days, so I am here by my self for a few days. Activities so far have included

-Jeep oil change
    -Fishing
    -Some shooting at Marion county fish and game
    -Buying a few "little" jeep parts (shhhhhh)
    -Drinking ice cold beers in the field behind our apartment complex
    -Call of duty online + volume cranked all the way up

Long story short, I am hungry and want something awesome to eat for dinner tonight. I instantly started thinking BACON, but what can I make with it to make it meal? BLT = not enough bacon, green beans wrapped in bacon and coated with brown sugar and butter = not enough bacon, bacon pizza is getting close, but I am not in the pizza mood.

anyone ever put bacon on tacos? how about Shepard's pie with bacon?

Any ideas for a hungry INGO'er? :ingo:

A little bacon on one of these couldn't hurt any thing.

17547cooked_99.jpg

Cornish game hens, essentially the same thing as a grouse with out all the chasing and shooting parts.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    tonight I went simple with some ready made frozen stuff in the mircrowave. Tomorrow I'm thinking of doing some cooking. Maybe some of my 1/2 lb hamburgers with cheese, bbq sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, tony chacher's creole seasoning, and minced onion all mixed in the meat then slow cooked in a skillet on a med/low heat with the lid on. In a skillet next to that I'll fry up some bacon, and when the burgers are done I'll put the bacon on top along with a slice of pepperjack cheese, and a slice of american. Once on the bun top it off with some sweet baby ray's orig bbq sauce. With some of my spicy mac and cheese on the side. Talk about good eating mmmmm

Top Bottom