• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    I had a glock stolen out of my truck back in june 2010. I have made numerous calls to the detective that was assigned my case with no returned calls. Anyone know where I should go from here?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Well, as it has been said, there aren't any flatfoots checking the pawn shops every day for your gun. If it does turn up, you'll probably get a phone call - but the chances of that are one in a million.

Be happy it was a Glock and not something irreplaceable.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    Buy another one so your not "naked". As long as it is reported in the system, you might see it tomorrow or not for 100 years. My Sig Sauer P229 was stolen and it took me 4-1/2 years to get it back from Chicago PD. Yes, I said Chicago Pd. Not a mark on it. It was like hitting the Powerball. You never know...

driver4562

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    West side of Indy
    I had a co worker who had his entire gun safe stolen out of his garage. along with a few thousand in tools. the thieves were able to crack the safe, sell the gun etc...

7 years later they had recovered 1 glock. used in a gang shooting in Arizona. figure it is gone and pick out a new favorite... sorry.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Stolen gun

Many years ago my friends gun show in Gary was broken into,stole
    some FA and semi-auto guns. I read in the paper that a guy was stopped in Chicago with an M1 Thompson. I called my friend and it was his personal
    SMG. He called Chicago( County) and they said he would get it back after
    the trial. WELL they could not find it? Go figure. I told him to contact
    ATF, but he did not have the b--s to do it. None of the others were ever
    found?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Keep the card of the detective, the serial number of the firearms, a copy of the police report and any e-mails or letters written to the police in your safe.

2. I'd call again in six months or so just to ensure that the police have your contact info.

3. Have you contacted your insurance company yet?

4. Have you contacted pawn and gun shops in your city?

5. Learn from this. Perhaps it is time for a floor safe in your vehicle? Have multiple copies of the guns you like.

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    Most stolen guns are almost never found. If the person that stole yours sells it to someone and that person is never in a police involved situation, the gun will never be recovered.

Come by and see us and we'll see if we can get you reoutfitted.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    would car insurance cover it or since its not physically part of the car does it not cover it. I know witha hight deductable it may not be worth it but just woundered. I know i was told since i rent if my cars damaged aat home renters insurance will cover it.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    would car insurance cover it or since its not physically part of the car does it not cover it. I know witha hight deductable it may not be worth it but just woundered. I know i was told since i rent if my cars damaged aat home renters insurance will cover it.

It could be covered under his home or auto policy, but it depends on what the underwriter and he agreed to. Although, I dont know if that could be considered an insurable interest for auto. Sounds more like something in relation to your home owners policy. :dunno: Regardless, I think youre right about the deductible. Most people have at least a $500 ded. I wouldnt make a claim on a $570 (or whatever) gun when the deductible is $500. Youd be saving $70 (if they gave you new cash value, which they wont), but your premiums would go up one to several hundreds of $$ a year.

Id consider it a loss and go use this opportunity to buy a new gun and an auto safe!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom