So...is this going to be enforced or...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    It is being enforced, usually with a PM or reminder post first, but I will warn you that Lars is threatening to actually delete threads without warning, as is stated in the rules. If you see your thread go missing one day, be sure to read through them again. They are posted as an announcement at the top of the forum in every section of the Classifieds.

If you have a specific complaint, please PM a mod (preferably W9ZEB since he's the main mod for the Classifieds), but also understand he isn't able to be on the forums 24 hours a day, and it may take a few hours for him to respond/react.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It is being enforced, usually with a PM or reminder post first, but I will warn you that Lars is threatening to actually delete threads without warning, as is stated in the rules. If you see your thread go missing one day, be sure to read through them again. They are posted as an announcement at the top of the forum in every section of the Classifieds.

If you have a specific complaint, please PM a mod (preferably W9ZEB since he's the main mod for the Classifieds), but also understand he isn't able to be on the forums 24 hours a day, and it may take a few hours for him to respond/react.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/non-firearms_related/7246-has_your_ad_gone_missing.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/non-firearms_related/7247-has_your_ad_gone_missing.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/non-firearms_related/7249-has_your_ad_gone_missing.html

I think it's being enforced.;)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blessings,
    B

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

"6. Don't Bump your ad more than once every week (7 Days)"

Isn't answering questions in an ad considered bumping the ad to the top?

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Examples: (this is the firearms 1st page)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/5161-wts_sig_sauer_p226r_and_accessories.html

post_old.gif
    20 Hours Ago
    post_old.gif
    4 Hours Ago

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/7213-wts_mech_tech_1911_a.html

post_old.gif
    1 Day Ago
    post_old.gif
    3 Hours Ago

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/7197-wtt_slug_gun.html

post_old.gif
    1 Day Ago
    post_new.gif
    1 Day Ago
    post_new.gif
    1 Day Ago
    post_new.gif
    1 Day Ago
    post_new.gif
    21 Hours Ago
    post_new.gif
    23 Minutes Ago

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...eatherby_300_wsm_w_millett_4-16x56_scope.html

post_old.gif
    1 Day Ago
    post_old.gif
    20 Hours Ago

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._taurus_titanium_357_mag_central_indiana.html

post_new.gif
    2 Days Ago
    post_new.gif
    1 Day Ago

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/7163-wtt_gamo_shadow_1000_franklin_indiana.html

post_new.gif
    2 Days Ago
    post_new.gif
    1 Day Ago
    post_new.gif
    1 Day Ago

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/6159-wts_m-1_carbine.html

post_old.gif
    1 Day Ago
    post_old.gif
    1 Day Ago

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    "6. Don't Bump your ad more than once every week (7 Days)"

Isn't answering questions in an ad considered bumping the ad to the top?

Or am I misunderstanding something?
    There is a difference between "BTT/Back To the Top/Bump" and "Yes, it includes 2 mags and I would like to sell only, no trades".

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There is a difference between "BTT/Back To the Top/Bump" and "Yes, it includes 2 mags and I would like to sell only, no trades".

Hmm, because answering a question in the thread, is in all actually bumping the thread back to the top -

I figured that's what private msgs. were for?

Why can't the OP just edit the original ad with the answer to a question?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hmm, because answering a question in the thread, is in all actually bumping the thread back to the top -

We don't require that right now, but we may in the future. All we're asking is a little cooperation from people who want to trade in the classifieds. We're just asking that you don't "BTT" your thread more than once per week. At the moment, bumping the thread by answering questions is not a problem, and is incidentally helpful when potential buyers can see questions as well as answers.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway

There is a difference between specifically bringing your thread back to the top of the classifieds and answering a question that someone has asked.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Yes you can answer questions. Just don't post "bump" "btt" etc in order to get your ad up at the top if there is no activity. You can do that once after 7 days if you want to.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If there's an actual conversation being discussed about the item being sold then that should not be considered bumping. Reason I say that is because maybe multiple people have the same question. Any conversation regarding the item should be seen by everyone. IMO

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Yes.

If there's an actual conversation being discussed about the item being sold then that should not be considered bumping. Reason I say that is because maybe multiple people have the same question. Any conversation regarding the item should be seen by everyone. IMO

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We don't require that right now, but we may in the future. All we're asking is a little cooperation from people who want to trade in the classifieds. We're just asking that you don't "BTT" your thread more than once per week. At the moment, bumping the thread by answering questions is not a problem, and is incidentally helpful when potential buyers can see questions as well as answers.

I see what you're saying, all I'm saying is that answers to questions can be edited into the original post,

That way the thread doesn't become dialogue between two friends, chatting about how one will trade the other his lawn chair for a firearm.

Also, is bumping a thread to the top after it has sold really required? Why not just edit or close the thread?

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Not trying to be a jerk but -

So because a seller has vaguely described their item they should answer questions in a new post instead of just editing their original post?

An edit to the original post will be seen by everyone.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Hey glockguy. The rules we have in place are fairly typical for classifieds on forums. If you are used to AR15 they are a bit more strict.

Answers to questions do not have to be edited into original posts.

No, bumping a thread after an item has sold is not required. The member can edit the thread, close it, and post a new message letting us know that it is sold. We have no rule against that at this time.

I see what you're saying, all I'm saying is that answers to questions can be edited into the original post,

That way the thread doesn't become dialogue between two friends, chatting about how one will trade the other his lawn chair for the others firearm.

Also, is bumping a thread to the top after it has sold really required? Why not just edit or close the thread?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Most of you aren't aware, I have a tendency to remove large numbers of unrelated posts from for sale threads.

When these posts, or early bumps are removed, the thread goes back to where it belongs date wise.

If things get out of hand. The rules will adjust accordingly.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sounds good, thanks for all the responses and clearing me up on this

ETA I'd close the thread, but I'm unable to, probably because it was moved by a mod

Top Bottom