So I want to add a suppressor to a Beretta 92FS.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    So i have decided that I am going to add a suppressor to my Beretta 92FS. I have also decided on what suppressor I would like to get. But I would like some input from people who might have had some trigger time with it. the can in question is a SRT ARMS MATRIX M9. I have heard these are built specifically for the Beretta 92 series. Would like all feed back as possible. Also does anyone here know of any vendors who sell suppressors that might have these in stock in Indiana? Also what would be a good barrel to get that is threaded or does anyone know of a place where I could have the factory barrel threaded? Also I wanted to ask on who makes a good thread protector that is uniform and won't look to flashy to mount on the gun, when the suppressor isn't in use?:D

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I have one of these suppressors on a 92fs. Send your barrel to Doug at SRT and he'll thread it correctly for his suppressor.

It's a nice light can that has good sound reduction.

He should be able to make a thread protector that is smooth and mimics the original barrel profile. That's how mine is.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have one of these suppressors on a 92fs. Send your barrel to Doug at SRT and he'll thread it correctly for his suppressor.

He should be able to make a thread protector that is smooth and mimics the original barrel profile. That's how mine is.

What more could you want to know?!:ingo:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    If you will only use it on a 92fs and perhaps a 9mm AR, it's great. If you may want a Sig or other pistol in the future, get an SWR OR take advantage of the Gemtech promotion and get a Tundra and let them pay your TAX!

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie

interesting :) Could you post up pics of your 92fs with and without the silencer on? and a pic showing it with the thread protector so i may get an idea what mine will look like once it is done? :D

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    My thread protector is a little long. The previous owner threaded it too far and Doug had to solder on a new threaded sleeve, then turn it down. He didn't cut the small protector shorter due to the difficulty.

I'll get pics up sometime today.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    5fc9fce0f5607794ade1f5da4547dd54.jpg

730d156ddd5127847710bae0698b6fe1.jpg

1e759fda3b7a08acc9ab88f9ba0ce8d4.jpg

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I think I got in on a Matrix promotion and it was only $450. Taxes- $200, transfer- $50. That rail is junk and doesn't fit- it's been removed. The Millett sights were gaudy and I removed them (~$70) and I had to chop off the rear...

Gun was ~$425. Rethreading was $50 or so.

$1125 or so! sheeeeit.

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    I have a YHM Wraith suppressor on my 92FS. My can is threaded 1/2x36 for use on my 9mm SBR AR-15 so I just had my factory Beretta barrel threaded 1/2x36. The only other thing I had to do is change the 13lb factory recoil spring out for a 10lb one. It runs 100% now.

Top Bottom