so excited, but need some help (youth female ears)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    I'm introducing my 6 year old god daughter to the wonderful world of fire arms tommarow morning. We were teaching her about fire arm safety today and teaching her what to expect. While putting in her earplugs she FREAKS OUT. So my question/ help needed is does anyone have any ear muffs that I can borrow for the day?
    This isn't classifides for 2 reasons : this is a loan and I would like to hear some of your stories or advice about teaching little ones l.

I will be driving from layfette to east side of Indianapolis starting at 5 and ending at 630 tonight. If I get them from up north ill be back up here next Fri /sat.

She will be shooting my marlin60.

HELP

latigo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bloomfield
    Good for you sharing shooting sports with your God daughter. I just saw at Walmart last night muffs for 12 bucks if that helps.
    Don't forget to use some reactive targets kids (and first time shooters) love to see them. Things like balloons, water bottles filled with colored water and such if the range you are going to will allow it.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Good for you sharing shooting sports with your God daughter. I just saw at Walmart last night muffs for 12 bucks if that helps.
    Don't forget to use some reactive targets kids (and first time shooters) love to see them. Things like balloons, water bottles filled with colored water and such if the range you are going to will allow it.

That's a great idea, we were planing on going to wilber wright but I don't think they allow things like that. I have the ear muffs. Does any one have any land they wouldn't mind renting out for about 2 hours? I do not drive a truck and I do clean up after myself.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    That's a great idea, we were planing on going to wilber wright but I don't think they allow things like that. I have the ear muffs. Does any one have any land they wouldn't mind renting out for about 2 hours? I do not drive a truck and I do clean up after myself.

I think you might be ok at Wilber wright for some reactive targets. My buddy had some old junk plates and glasses. We shot them at the hand gun range. Then went to the rifle range with an ld computer and VCR.

We cleaned up everything and the RO was cool with it. That was this summer.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    ... Maybe the shotgun range... Thanks guys ... This is why I love this group and am proud to be a member

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Sorry to disappoint. But it rained Sunday and both mom and kid are just getting over being ill, I'm hoping for better results next week on Sunday (my only day off). If absolutely nothing else I'm planning on taking both to Mgderf classes made for this exact thing in Jan

BTW he lent me some electronic ears and I toyed with them and they work great :-D. I'll rep him when my rep will mean something

Top Bottom