• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    Don't underestimate the snub nosed revolver as a carry piece. I recently added a Ruger SP101 357 to my collection and could not be happier. 38 special +P are really easy to shoot and even full house 357 125gr. loads are manageable. The gun is small and easy to carry in an owb holster. While I prefer my 1911's, I will be carrying the SP101 also on occasion. :yesway:

Anyone else carry a snub nosed?

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Great 2nd gun, or a Backup. Any Pistolero needs a snubbie. Mine gets carried in mag restriction citys(South Bend) vs a Glock 21 or a Glock 19. I also carry a 8 rd mag in my 1911a1, spare mag, and a S&W 442. I realize that 10 rd mags are available, but most of mine are hicaps.
    You need a few options depending on your travels.
    Snubs work great, just practice at 3-7yd line, keep them in tight aim.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Great 2nd gun, or a Backup. Any Pistolero needs a snubbie. Mine gets carried in mag restriction citys(South Bend) vs a Glock 21 or a Glock 19. I also carry a 8 rd mag in my 1911a1, spare mag, and a S&W 442. I realize that 10 rd mags are available, but most of mine are hicaps.
    You need a few options depending on your travels.
    Snubs work great, just practice at 3-7yd line, keep them in tight aim.

FYI, South Bend does not have a magazine restriction.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Don't underestimate the snub nosed revolver as a carry piece. I recently added a Ruger SP101 357 to my collection and could not be happier. 38 special +P are really easy to shoot and even full house 357 125gr. loads are manageable. The gun is small and easy to carry in an owb holster. While I prefer my 1911's, I will be carrying the SP101 also on occasion. :yesway:

Anyone else carry a snub nosed?

Almost daily, except when I don't.
    I have a .357mag snubby in total titanium. I often check to make sure it's still there.
    I also have a .327 fed/mag snubby that is a dream to shoot.

I also recently picked up an SP101, but mine is a 4.2" .327 fed/mag 6-shot.
    I traded out the stock wood/rubber Ruger grips for a set of Hogue Mono-grip.
    The SP101 has become my EDC.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I carry my 640 daily. I recently picked up an SP101 3" for a steal. It didn't have many rounds through it, but needed a good tear-down cleaning. I added an XS Express night sight on the front, installed the Wilson Combat 10# TRS and main spring, and am very happy with how it turned out. It'll be tough to knock the 640 out of daily rotation... as others have said, it's really comfortable to carry. But I'll probably carry the SP101 from time-to-time once I have a chance to get some rounds through it.

But yeah, definitely a snubby fan here, even though the 3" SP101 isn't really a snubby.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Any of you that EDC a snubby, have you ran these in any kind of defensive pistol class?

I used one as a simulated bug in a class a while back I think it was a 442 (instructors gun). Made me really realize that i don't want a snubby to be my only gun, way to much reloading

Top Bottom