• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Like I said, you're just trying to be clever. No skin.

Maybe I'm not clever enough to figure out exactly how I'm trying to be clever.
    You said Limbaugh stated that he would leave the country if Obama was nominated.
    He never made such a statement, and I pointed that out.
    Please do explain, as I'm not nearly as clever as you apparently believe I'm trying to be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe I'm not clever enough to figure out exactly how I'm trying to be clever.
    You said Limbaugh stated that he would leave the country if Obama was nominated.
    He never made such a statement, and I pointed that out.
    Please do explain, as I'm not nearly as clever as you apparently believe I'm trying to be.

Nevermind it, if you don't have inclination to look it up, for as long as this exchange has taken place, I'll just let you believe what you will.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Nevermind it, if you don't have inclination to look it up, for as long as this exchange has taken place, I'll just let you believe what you will.

What is there to look up?
    I hate to break this to you, but Media Matters for America is not a credible source, as their express mission is to target Fox News and especially Rush Limbaugh, up to and including trying to force their advertisers to abandon them.
    They are not in the least credible, any more than you probably would consider Limbaugh himself uncredible with regards to much of politics.
    Limbaugh never said that he would leave if Obama got elected...PERIOD.
    I'm not trying to be ironic, clever, evasive, or anything else; only factual.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What is there to look up?
    I hate to break this to you, but Media Matters for America is not a credible source, as their express mission is to target Fox News and especially Rush Limbaugh, up to and including trying to force their advertisers to abandon them.
    They are not in the least credible, any more than you probably would consider Limbaugh himself uncredible with regards to much of politics.
    Limbaugh never said that he would leave if Obama got elected...PERIOD.
    I'm not trying to be ironic, clever, evasive, or anything else; only factual.

Ok

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This could be easily solved with a credible source you know.

It's simple. Oldpink want to be clever and say well Rush Limbaugh didn't say he'd leave if Obama was elected. No, he said he'd leave if Obamacare was passed. The gist of the argument is there. People leaving because they don't like a political development. The sources are there. Hell, I can pull up the soundbyte. But I see no reason to play the game of splitting hairs. So can have his belief.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's simple. Oldpink want to be clever and say well Rush Limbaugh didn't say he'd leave if Obama was elected. No, he said he'd leave if Obamacare was passed. The gist of the argument is there. People leaving because they don't like a political development. The sources are there. Hell, I can pull up the soundbyte. But I see no reason to play the game of splitting hairs. So can have his belief.

Again, no, he did not say he would leave if Obamacare passed.
    I should know because (yeah, I know saying this will probably get me excommunicated, but what the hell) I have listened to him for over twenty-five years now, the last fifteen without missing his entire show.
    I have heard him say that if things got truly terrible, i.e. full on overturning of our constitutional system of government far beyond anything that any other American would ever tolerate, he would leave, specifically to Costa Rica or New Zealand.
    The fact remains that he never said he would leave if Obamacare passed, and I say that as someone who would know far better than someone who takes a single soundbite supplied by the execrable Media Matters totally out of context, deliberately leaving out the words leading up to or after a statement and also leaving out the humor and sarcasm that Limbaugh often uses as a rhetorical device.
    But hey, I'm just a deplorable, and all the more of a deplorable since I'm also a Limbaugh listener.

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The original context of your post seemed very much about Rush Limbaugh leaving if Obama was elected.

If what you meant was leaving for any political reason you did not articulate it very well. I can entirely see where Oldpink isn't tracking with you. The point you made, and the point we all read, are not the same.

Nobody is being clever. We all just misread you.

Last edited:

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

Here is a source explaining what Limbaugh meant. As usual the liberal media took his comments out of context.

Progressives mock Rush Limbaugh over promise he didn't make | Washington Examiner

In short he said he would seek private medical treatment elsewhere, not move out of the country.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here is a source explaining what Limbaugh meant. As usual the liberal media took his comments out of context.

Progressives mock Rush Limbaugh over promise he didn't make | Washington Examiner

In short he said he would seek private medical treatment elsewhere, not move out of the country.

He said he'd go to Costa Rica, did he not? And so you don't think this is a gotcha question, I'll point out, that Costa Rica has nationalized healthcare. So Rush is saying he'd leave the United States because of nationalized heathcare, and go to the (the well know expat destination) Costa Rica, solely to use their own nationalized healthcare? I guess if that's how you want to interpret it, that's fine, but it doesn't make a lick of sense.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    It doesn't sound like you read that link, Kut. Limbaugh's quote is near the bottom and he explains what he said.

Quote:

On that show, Limbaugh said that he did not intend to leave if the healthcare law passed. He said he meant that if he could no longer getprivate-sectorhealthcare in the United States, he would seek treatment elsewhere.

"They [doctors] are establishing healthcare clinics with quality doctors in places like Costa Rica," Limbaugh said in 2010. "They're going to continue to sell policies to people who have the ability to fly down there and get treatment. If I have to get thrown into this massive government healthcare insurance business and end up going to the driver's license office every day when I need to go to the doctor, yeah, I'll go to Costa Rica for treatment, not move there."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It doesn't sound like you read that link, Kut. Limbaugh's quote is near the bottom and he explains what he said.

Quote:

On that show, Limbaugh said that he did not intend to leave if the healthcare law passed. He said he meant that if he could no longer getprivate-sectorhealthcare in the United States, he would seek treatment elsewhere.

"They [doctors] are establishing healthcare clinics with quality doctors in places like Costa Rica," Limbaugh said in 2010. "They're going to continue to sell policies to people who have the ability to fly down there and get treatment. If I have to get thrown into this massive government healthcare insurance business and end up going to the driver's license office every day when I need to go to the doctor, yeah, I'll go to Costa Rica for treatment, not move there."

Fair enough, I retract the claim.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Every single Canadian that I communicate with have made it clear that vast majority do not want these people coming to their country. One FB page said they were going to "swing the bridge" so they can't come across.

Top Bottom