• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I LOL'd at the Walgreens ad before the video started. Otherwise what do you want to know? What is your stance on the issues that the video talked about?

Are you proOC?

Are you for or against the NRA?

Do you think that groups like this help or hurt our cause of a better represented 2nd amendment?

I could talk all day about this stuff, narrow it down a little and let it grow from that.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    I LOL'd at the Walgreens ad before the video started. Otherwise what do you want to know? What is your stance on the issues that the video talked about?

Are you proOC?

Are you for or against the NRA?

Do you think that groups like this help or hurt our cause of a better represented 2nd amendment?

I could talk all day about this stuff, narrow it down a little and let it grow from that.

I guess I am not sure of my stance yet. I believe in open carry and I have been raised around NRA members all my life. I am not sure that the disagreements between the 2 groups are good for the cause. I feel like we are all fighting for the same reason and yet we seem to create small disagreements that separate us. I guess I am looking for others opinions to help me form a stance. If that makes sense....

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Hmm, ok. What I take from that video was that the NRA doesn't really take groups like that into consideration, and those groups recognize that the NRA is bigger and broader than they are. The only ones who IMO say that the groups don't get along is the media reporting about it. They would love nothing more than for the NRA to destabilize because of splintering groups from within.

I am very proNRA because I know most liberal politicians are scared of them. I believe they fight for our rights in a broad scope but a narrow field. In other words they are quite specific to the 2nd amendment rather than the entire Bill of Rights, but they represent many types of gun owners, not just the radicals like me and many others on this board :)

I usually try to OC as much as possible and I would love to join a small southern IN group of OCers. Maybe one of these days I will start one if no one else does.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    For national lobbying and large court battles, the NRA is the most effective tool.

For state and local efforts, smaller grassroots groups should be far more effective.

As long as we're not heading in mutually exclusive directions, I don't mind that the focus and efforts are not identical - they probably shouldn't be.

I rarely agree with 100% of any group I associate with.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    For national lobbying and large court battles, the NRA is the most effective tool.

For state and local efforts, smaller grassroots groups should be far more effective.

As long as we're not heading in mutually exclusive directions, I don't mind that the focus and efforts are not identical - they probably shouldn't be.

I rarely agree with 100% of any group I associate with.

And as usual I agree with ATM. This must be one of those few rare cases lol.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    I usually try to OC as much as possible and I would love to join a small southern IN group of OCers. Maybe one of these days I will start one if no one else does.

Set something up. How about a meet and eat? I would try to make sure that I can get off from work for a little OC and food.

Top Bottom