• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Need some help on this one. I want to get the slide of a 1911 I am building engraved and I have not had all that much luck finding an engraver. I'd really like to find someone and/or a company that does this either professionally or as a hobby. I'm not looking for some run-of-the-mill machine shop that claims they do engraving but have zero experience doing it.

I will also need someone or a shop to do a bluing job on the 1911 once it is done. I was not sure if there are any advertisers on here that do bluing so if there are please speak up. Again, I'm looking for someone with some experience here. I don't want my project 1911 to be someone's first "dip" into bluing.

If anyone has an experience with someone or a company in or around Indy that does the work I'm looking for that would be great. If they are not nearby that's ok as long as they do quality work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    Contact Dave Carothers at Max's Jewelry, 401 Washington St., Columbus, 812-379-4572. Dave's an avid gun guy and has plenty of engraving experience. I've seen his work firsthand and he's a perfectionist.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    May i suggest that if you are thinking of having this done look at different engravers work .Don't skimp on the cost and quality It will cost to have the work done what's a little more to have the job done right Turnbull, Fords and Cogan are starting points . Lots of good engravers on
    [h=3]Images for engraved1903 colt google is your friend[/h]

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I had a quote of $12oo. to strip prep. engrave 100% and hard chrome my 1903 colt .
    another for 1/4 coverage and reblue @$600.

Top Bottom