• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    tan the hide... plenty of youtube videos.... you can use the brains, or buy solution, but I like the soap idea the best. good luck it doesn't seem like an easy process.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Call Hoosier Trapper and ask. They can either send it out to be done in a commercial tannery or I believe they carry a product that you can just spread on and it will preserve it. If you don't mind it being stiff doing it yourself isn't hard. I had mine sent out a few years and it ran just under $100 with paws on.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    Ha well it was kinda a hack job when it got to the neck and front legs.... My shot kinda messed his leg up and trying to skin a frozen and broken/bone splitting out leg caused problems and when my fiancées dad started helping he kinda hacked the neck. Oh and the tail I kinda messed up on trying to pull so the tail is almost a lost cause... Other than those hiccups I skinned him pretty good for first attempt... I'm actually gonna burry the skull to have the bugs clean it and when spring rolls around I'm gonna bleach it..

So I think I might just have him sent out if he still is any good

And as far as pics go I'm on my phone so I can't post a photobucket pic so easily but I will include the link to Facebook where I posted it

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    . I'm actually gonna burry the skull to have the bugs clean it and when spring rolls around I'm gonna bleach it..

Don't bleach it.
    After the bugs clean it, drop it in a large pot, put a cotton cloth over it and soak the cloth in hydrogen peroxide. Let sit for several hours and rinse.

Peroxide will whiten the skull without damaging the connecting tissue that holds the skull bones together.
    Too much bleach, or too many times, and your skull will just fall apart.

Top Bottom