• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    What's the difference between shooting skeet, trap and sporting clays, or are these different names for doing the same thing?

On a side note, I shot some clay pigeons today for the third time. Today was the very first time I hit more of them than I missed! I'm really starting to like my Stevens SxS 12 gauge.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    What's the difference between shooting skeet, trap and sporting clays, or are these different names for doing the same thing?

On a side note, I shot some clay pigeons today for the third time. Today was the very first time I hit more of them than I missed! I'm really starting to like my Stevens SxS 12 gauge.

At my house we hit every one.

Sometimes I have to throw them more than once though.

Seriously, if you are not breaking clays you are not having fun. If you are not having fun you won't keep trying long enough to really learn it. There are easy ways to learn and break A LOT OF CLAYS and have a lot of fun. you just need some one who wants to teach you how to break clays. That sounds simple and obvious but if you are not having fun and breaking a lot of clays then you don't have some one who wants to teach you and is capable of teaching YOU how to shoot clays.

Start easy and shoot those until YOU FEEL it's too easy, then "let's try something just a leetle bit different..."

Don't matter which game you want to play or get good at, this is how you get there. Stand as near as possible to the trap, they should fly straight away high and slow, the same every time against a bright blue sky with the sun at your back if possible. "You always want an edge." Now spit and call PULL!

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    At my house we hit every one.

Sometimes I have to throw them more than once though.

Seriously, if you are not breaking clays you are not having fun. If you are not having fun you won't keep trying long enough to really learn it. There are easy ways to learn and break A LOT OF CLAYS and have a lot of fun. you just need some one who wants to teach you how to break clays. That sounds simple and obvious but if you are not having fun and breaking a lot of clays then you don't have some one who wants to teach you and is capable of teaching YOU how to shoot clays.

Start easy and shoot those until YOU FEEL it's too easy, then "let's try something just a leetle bit different..."

Don't matter which game you want to play or get good at, this is how you get there. Stand as near as possible to the trap, they should fly straight away high and slow, the same every time against a bright blue sky with the sun at your back if possible. "You always want an edge." Now spit and call PULL!
    I was having fun yesterday. Enough to want to do it more anyway.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    i havent shot trap.skeep in a fwe years and went out a couple weeks ago with some guys from work. forgot how much fun it is! def going to have to get back into the swing of clay shooting again!

Top Bottom