• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In my experience running forums:

1. Plan ahead and announce the downtime to the userbase.
    2. Test the changes in a migration environment/page.

3TEDwLn.png

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    Yep the plugins are off temporarily while we try and figure out which is causing the issue, still working on it :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yesterday was a bad day for computers. When I kept getting the error message(s) on INGO using Firefox on my Linux system (running from a thumb drive), I tried downloading Chrome and managed to screw up my thumb drive. Went to log in to Windows, and my user profile can't be loaded for some reason so now I can't get to my Windows system to fix the Linux drive. I have my Windows machine backed up, but again, since I can't log in to Windows, I can't restore it from the backup. Arggghhh! At least DoggyMama doesn't use her machine much so I'm using it for now.

Most of what I'm seeing has already been reported with the site. I noticed the missing classified categories (Long Guns and Ammunition). I usually browse the classifieds as soon as I get on INGO. The last error message I was getting before everything went kaput yesterday was something about this site not using a valid or supported form of compression? Whatever that means... apparently that error has been corrected though.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    TK, how much money is in the Mental Anguish Fund? Probably not enough.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    So turns out a plugin vbulletin dumped long ago VBSEO was the issue. So all plugins are back on, minus VBSEO until we try and fix. FYI Please PM me any issues or report here. Thanks all!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I never new the unread posts could be clicked on. It does the same thing as "New Posts" I think.

Not quite. New posts shows all recent posts including those you have already read. Unread is just the ones you haven't already clicked on.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Not quite. New posts shows all recent posts including those you have already read. Unread is just the ones you haven't already clicked on.

If I click on a post, read it to the end and then click on new posts again, the thread I just read is gone.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If I click on a post, read it to the end and then click on new posts again, the thread I just read is gone.

Hmmm...when I was reading them yesterday, they were still on the list when I would click on that link again. Weird...maybe whatever was done today fixed that too.

Top Bottom