• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nothing going down in the 'burg, as far as I can tell. Lowes, Walmart, and a lot of places are closing early. Heard that a lot of the "retail" corridor in Avon shut down, and is even boarded up, on the off chance rioters borrow mom's car and head this way.

Did see on the book of faces that some nutballs took their teenage kids downtown over the weekend to participate in the "protest". Something about "teaching them to stand up for blah, blah, ....". Then, acted all surprised when they and their kids got tear gassed.

Matthews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Dyer
    Armed civilians, I personally saw 2 in body armor, are lining Main Street in crown point at this moment. There is a protest that is suppose to go from the government building down to the square. Stay safe for those in this area.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Armed civilians, I personally saw 2 in body armor, are lining Main Street in crown point at this moment. There is a protest that is suppose to go from the government building down to the square. Stay safe for those in this area.
    I am in Crown Point just south of the square. Could you please PM me if you hear of them moving in this direction?

Matthews

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2019
    Dyer
    I will keep you informed if I hear of anything. I’m going to guess that it will be contained quickly if anything happens. Police are shutting down the bike trail and parking lots in the area. Armed Civilians in vehicles are at a few of the businesses along the road, and bikers have showed up in support of a group that are defending the entrance to a neighborhood. They are ready if things turn ugly. That’s what I know as of right now

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Haven't heard anything in almost an hour. Last I heard the protesters were on their way back to the square along with a group of "uh, other individuals". :n00b:

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    ...With all that, I think either a 9mm or 7.62x39 braced pistol will be riding to and from work with me. My usual 2.5 mile route passes through some areas which would likely be the epicenter if something started. Going to alter that as well with a longer route via the expressway.

I've been thinking the same thing, might be time to increase capabilities on my hour long commute. Better to have it and not need it than... Stay safe and alert.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well, the Crown Point and Portage protests were peaceful, but I've got an interesting side note. The security camera I ordered that was supposed to be delivered yesterday never came. Found out that the Amazon warehouse in Gary got looted yesterday.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    These protests seem to just be an outgrowth of the communists in our education (indoctrination) system. These people have nothing to protest about but their own self obsessed outrage; fellow travelers/useful idiots.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Just received the following from my building's management. My offices are in a high rise tower in downtown Evansville.

"Due to the (planned) weekend protests in the downtown area, management is taking precautions by closing the building - effective today at 5pm until Monday morning June 8[SUP]th[/SUP] at 4am – or until further notice. We will be closely monitoring activity in and around the building during this time. In the event that you would like to access to the building during this period, please contact building management for approval."

Thank you Antifa and BLM for the excuse not to come into the office over the weekend.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Bloomington is completely insane right now. The square is packed. Im close enough to hear drum cadence.
    I think most places are closed. And some business are apparently already boarded up in preparation.

Guns are loaded and We are locked Down and not moving anywhere today.
    strange times, I only wish I had another box of .308 laying around, apparently their is talking of plans for rioters moving through neighborhoods and even rural parts around town tonight.

Top Bottom