• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Before you give up on the Shield, did you try an Apex trigger? I think S&W intends for it be carried safety off, but S&W designs firearms with a lawyer in the room, so its there. Safety off, with an Apex and a bit of a trigger job its a nice pistol.

I've never shot a 239, but as pricey as they are I'd try to get the Shield to work for me if possible.

Are people putting the APEX parts in the Shields? If they are, I don't know why, I think the Shield (at least mine) has a great trigger stock.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I didn't like when I field stripped it for the first time that the polymer frame was full of shavings and burrs and completely unpolished and looked so half ass. Compared it to my LCP and if ruger could get it right on a 300$ gun why can't Kahr do better than a **** poor job on a gun that costs 125$ more. The crap quality of the finishing made me uncomfortable with it as well as all of the "rules" associated with operating it. I just felt like I had to baby it way too much than I would prefer to. I want a workhorse that I wont always have nagging concerns about.

Try an all steel Kahr K9...you may change your mind about Kahr.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    My Khar CW9 so far has functioned great. I have shot a hundred rounds of fmj through it, no special care or babying. It has functioned just as it should, squeaze the triger and go boom. Shot 2 clips of federal hydra-shocks through it no problem. I am confident that it will function as needed when needed. I know it is not the high dollar Khar, but it has functioned just as expected.

malvarez10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Bloomington
    I second the LC9, I carry mine every now and then. The law enforcement around here uses them as their off duty carries too and they can vouch for their reliability and value.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Personally I'm waiting on the XDs in 9mm. I love my XDm, and want to stay as close as possible to that for my BUG/deep conceal weapon.

I would avoid the Kel Tec... I've got one waiting to be sent back for repairs, as after less than 200 rounds it developed the dreaded "dead trigger"

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    PPS. I prefer the German style mag release and the trigger over the shield. Besides, who is making higher quality guns than Walther right now, aside from HK.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I'm just amazed at how many people say they prefer the trigger of the PPS vs the Shield. Maybe I just had a bad one but I HATED the trigger on my PPS, it was heavy, grity, inconsistent, and was a pain (literally) to shoot, as the trigger safety didn't depress all the way and would grind into my index finger.

I find the trigger on my Shield to be not perfect but very good and infinitely better than the PPS.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Maybe look at a Bersa BP9 CC. It's a single stack 8+1, striker fired DAO with a super nice trigger that has a very quick and distinct reset. If lay-z-boy ever made a trigger, they put it on this gun. The only thing I don't like is the mag disconnect but I live with it.

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    I'm just amazed at how many people say they prefer the trigger of the PPS vs the Shield. Maybe I just had a bad one but I HATED the trigger on my PPS, it was heavy, grity, inconsistent, and was a pain (literally) to shoot, as the trigger safety didn't depress all the way and would grind into my index finger.

I find the trigger on my Shield to be not perfect but very good and infinitely better than the PPS.

I liked the trigger on my Shield right out of the box. With more and more rounds through it, I like it even better. It's my EDC. I've never shot the PPS.

Top Bottom