• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. With practice you will rarely hang the ejector on the cylinder, though I can imagine that may be even easier on the 10 shot.

I get the relaxing range time. In days gone by, I used to shoot a brick of .22s at a time, and as fast as I could. A brick lasts me a long time now. It's about the experience as a whole. I really enjoy shooting.

I can't think of a better firearm for casual plinking. Congratulations on your purchase!

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. With practice you will rarely hang the ejector on the cylinder, though I can imagine that may be even easier on the 10 shot.

I get the relaxing range time. In days gone by, I used to shoot a brick of .22s at a time, and as fast as I could. A brick lasts me a long time now. It's about the experience as a whole. I really enjoy shooting.

I can't think of a better firearm for casual plinking. Congratulations on your purchase!

Thank you.

Typically I don't fire more than 300 rds of 22 at the range at a time. But I've been going about once a week for the last month or so and m isn't to get as much time in before it gets too cold.

Anyway I now have two more single action revolvers on the way so I guess I'm hooked both on revolvers and single action. The Vaquero in 357/38 should be the first one to get here in a couple of weeks and I went ahead and I decided to get a single six. I decided I liked the single action enough to get it in not only six but I thought having the 22 mag option might be a great option as well

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    Anyway I now have two more single action revolvers on the way ...

lol. Welcome to the club! I will be very interested to see if you like the single six better. I like having the option of the .22 WMR. You will probably find it shoots a bit more accurately with either .22 LR or .22 WMR. Most of the newer ones shoot .22 WMR a bit better.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I've owned my 5 1/2" Single Six stainless for the last 18 years and for a long while it was the gun I ended my range sessions with. When my eyesight was still good I could shoot the Single Six nearly as well as my Ruger MKII 22 target pistol. I don't shoot it as much these days but it is still one of my favorites!

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    lol. Welcome to the club! I will be very interested to see if you like the single six better. I like having the option of the .22 WMR. You will probably find it shoots a bit more accurately with either .22 LR or .22 WMR. Most of the newer ones shoot .22 WMR a bit better.

Thanks

Yeah I'm kind a on a Single Action Kick. Well that and I'm kind of digging the whole Ruger 22 thing. Seems to me 22 and Ruger are kind of synonymous.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I've owned my 5 1/2" Single Six stainless for the last 18 years and for a long while it was the gun I ended my range sessions with. When my eyesight was still good I could shoot the Single Six nearly as well as my Ruger MKII 22 target pistol. I don't shoot it as much these days but it is still one of my favorites!

I actually start with my Revolvers and end with my Mark IV Hunter. I find the Mark IV for some reason is easier to shoot for me and the others require more attention to get them right. Hence the reason I kind of start with the harder ones first.

Top Bottom