• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I feel sorry for her family, but then again I felt sorry for her family before she died too.

Sad situation all around.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Pity for her family?...sure. For her?...meh.
    Not really half an ounce of pity in my teeny black heart. I never really feel sorry for self-inflicted wounds.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Pity for her family?...sure. For her?...meh.
    Not really half an ounce of pity in my teeny black heart. I never really feel sorry for self-inflicted wounds.

Absolutely self-inflicted. But as one with an intimate understanding of the alcoholic/addicted thought processes and almost 17 months sober, I hope she has found peace.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm shocked!

I thought this peach was going to live a full and healthy life.

amywinehouse.jpg

That does suck though, I actually really liked her voice, which I can't say for too many other female vocalists(just ain't my style).

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Absolutely self-inflicted. But as one with an intimate understanding of the alcoholic/addicted thought processes and almost 17 months sober, I hope she has found peace.
    I understand addiction. Not so much from the aspect of being addicted to substances/meds/booze myself, but more from the perspective of watching it from a too-close-for-comfort vantage point and still staying fairly well rooted in at least the shallow end of sanity while growing up.

Don't misunderstand me...there are ALL kinds of self destructive addictions (some having nothing to do with drugs or alcohol, whatsoever), and maybe I'm no stranger to more than a couple of them. But they don't deserved to be sugar coated and pitied either.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I understand addiction. Not so much from the aspect of being addicted to substances/meds/booze myself, but more from the perspective of watching it from a too-close-for-comfort vantage point and still staying fairly well rooted in at least the shallow end of sanity while growing up.

Don't misunderstand me...there are ALL kinds of self destructive addictions (some having nothing to do with drugs or alcohol, whatsoever), and maybe I'm no stranger to more than a couple of them. But they don't deserved to be sugar coated and pitied either.

In other words, you are familiar with the way addiction affects others, rather than addiction itself. Not looking to "sugar-coat" anything. While addiction is hell for both the addict and the family, they are totally different experiences. I sincerely hope your prior experience will be your last.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    In other words, you are familiar with the way addiction affects others, rather than addiction itself.

No, I'm saying there are all kinds of addictions that I'm familiar with to varying degrees. And no matter what the addiction is (chemical, emotional, whatever), it's a self inflicted wound. I never said I think any of them are a piece of cake to kick. In fact, I know it's exactly opposite... but still self inflicted, nonetheless.

I'm not a hypocrite for saying it...I know I'm damaged in areas that you may not be, and vice verse. That doesn't make me feel pity for whatever you've done to yourself on purpose any more than I'd expect the same sentiment from you for anything I've done.
    On the flip side of that, I'd certainly applaud your efforts to right yourself and Charlie Mike through your struggles to get things on track for you and yours.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That was a joke since that was line in a song of hers.

So was my reply, and then Pudly's (after mine).
    Get with the program, Sailor!
    (See, "program" could be construed as sophomoric humor as well, since rehab is sometimes referred to as a "program" and...eh, screw it.)

Top Bottom