• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I personally have shot both. They are two similar pistols, but the Sig is higher priced and mags are a little difficult to get. The size difference isn't that much but the Sig is smaller. They both shoot well but the Sig is a little more ergonomic in my hand. Either way you wont go wrong.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I had a p95 about a year ago. Have an sp2022 right now, and truth be told, its one of my favorite polymer fullsized handguns. Ruger makes a fire handgun as well, but the quality and accuracy of the sp2022 is above the p95 IMO.
    Speaking of ergonomics, the sig wins hands down. They even come with an extra grip for the short fingered guys.

Sig 10/10 days!

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    I have never shot the ruger, but have held one in the store. So I can't give and honest comparison. Although I do own an SP2022 and love the gun. The sig feels better in my hand, and shoots great. So my :twocents: is on the sig.

Fletcherl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    ruger

I have never shot the ruger, but have held one in the store. So I can't give and honest comparison. Although I do own an SP2022 and love the gun. The sig feels better in my hand, and shoots great. So my :twocents: is on the sig.
    i have the p95 and is one of my accurate guns. a lot of other guns too, but p95 gets a cold review. i love the p95.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The SIG is sexier because it's European!!! While the SIG is more refined the P95 isn't a bad gun and significantly less expensive and it will go bang every time so what more do you want is the answer to your question.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Can't comment on the Sig, but the Ruger P95 is pretty 'chunky' for a 9mm pistol and I would not choose it for concealed carry (though I don't doubt people do). On the plus side, it is very comfortable to shoot (for me anyway, probably not great for people with smallish hands) and mine has been absolutely reliable. The Ruger P-series in general is known for being 'built like tanks'/tough/reliable but not exactly slender or refined. Some people don't like the trigger transition from double action to single action after the first shot (assume the Sig is the same?) but this is not specific to the Ruger. Mine also has a spring return 'decock only' (not a safety) which would be my preference (I'm not a fan of safeties but that's just me). Overall, I think the P95 makes a great choice for home defense or a 'truck/beater' type pistol. They are sort of like fat girls who have good domestic skills. Not much to look at but they get the job done.

ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    +1 on the 2022. I can only speak on it as I have never fired a P95. I have held one and find the Sig a lot more comfortable, and as someone mentioned, it comes with an additional backstrap so you can choose the one that fits you best. The ergonomics on the P95 seemed crude to me. The Sig is a bit more than the P95 as far as cost but I believe its one of the best 'bang for your buck' handguns. Personally, I'm more accurate with a 2022 than an XDm or M&P.

And sig1473, thank you for this

nobek102

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    Never been a ruger guy but I did hold a sp2022 at the indy 1500 and the feel was great I almost purchased it but decided on the sig p229 instead... U won't be disappointed with sig... Ultimately it's whichever feels the best and u are most accurate with

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Can't comment on the Sig, but the Ruger P95 is pretty 'chunky' for a 9mm pistol and I would not choose it for concealed carry (though I don't doubt people do). On the plus side, it is very comfortable to shoot (for me anyway, probably not great for people with smallish hands) and mine has been absolutely reliable. The Ruger P-series in general is known for being 'built like tanks'/tough/reliable but not exactly slender or refined. Some people don't like the trigger transition from double action to single action after the first shot (assume the Sig is the same?) but this is not specific to the Ruger. Mine also has a spring return 'decock only' (not a safety) which would be my preference (I'm not a fan of safeties but that's just me). Overall, I think the P95 makes a great choice for home defense or a 'truck/beater' type pistol. They are sort of like fat girls who have good domestic skills. Not much to look at but they get the job done.

I'm one of the few who carries a P95 as a concealed carry gun. It's big but a good holster does a fine job of hiding it. Picked mine up used and have put around 4000 rounds through it without a glitch. Feeds on everything 9x19 and it's decently accurate. More accurate than I am.

Top Bottom