• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    I’m considering either the Compact or the X Compact. It seems the difference in price is about $80-$100. I’m looking at the Compact with the Sig night sights. I kind of like the upgraded sights on the X model as it has a larger green dot with the tritium which, makes a nice sight picture. Both feel great in the hand. The X model is a little smaller with the 3.6 inch barrel compared to the 3.9 inch on the Compact. Any thoughts? Has anyone been in the same boat as me deciding between the two?

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Same boat? Not really. But here's some thoughts.

The XCompact is really a Subcompact slide/barrel, with the Compact size grip (15 rounds). I actually turned my SC into an XCompact, albeit without the optic capability. I've probably shot this one more than any other gun I have. I'm a fan.

There is the option of the XCarry too, which just adds a little to the grip length. Compact size slide/barrel, but holds 17 rounds.

XCompact and XCarry also come standard with a straight trigger, if that matters to you.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The difference should be a lot more than 80-100 dollars. I just saw a standard compact with nights sights advertised for 469.00, you won't find an x-compact/carry near that price i'm sure. Bear in mind Sig is changing the x-series so they have a standalone rear sight vs. the sight built into the plate like the current version, you might want to wait for the new one.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The difference should be a lot more than 80-100 dollars. I just saw a standard compact with nights sights advertised for 469.00, you won't find an x-compact/carry near that price i'm sure. Bear in mind Sig is changing the x-series so they have a standalone rear sight vs. the sight built into the plate like the current version, you might want to wait for the new one.

I recently picked up a Sig xCompact used for a great price, otherwise I may well have waited for the new version mentioned by drillsgt regarding the rear sight. I'm really liking it so far. Had it to the range a couple of times, and really appreciate the ergos on it.

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    I was wondering that too. I noticed that the magazines are different and the frame is different

The trigger appears to be a part you can buy from sig for 50 bucks.

I would imagine that the fire control unit is the same for both and if you bright then 50 trigger from the sig website you’d have the same action

One looks cooler Imagine but It be a guess if it’s purely cosmetic unless you tried both side to side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County

$549 for the Compact with night sights vs $619 for the X Compact

I picked up the X Compact and could not be happier. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom