• ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    :yesway:

Pretty cool! Not being able to look out a window would get to me though. A monitor showing a camera image wouldn't cut it.

What about fresh air? I don't recall hearing reading anything about air exchangers or anything like that.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ive looked into these. most silos are in the plains area and go for around 2.5mil converted.

HOWEVER there are many hardened ex-mil sites available around the country, like comm outposts and such.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    Last time I checked GSA auctions there were several missile silos up for bid. Another interesting place in Indiana to hide out in would be the underground storage facility in Marengo. Last I heard, FEMA actually stores a bunch of supplies there.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Last time I checked GSA auctions there were several missile silos up for bid. Another interesting place in Indiana to hide out in would be the underground storage facility in Marengo. Last I heard, FEMA actually stores a bunch of supplies there.

I haven't been to marengo in 15 years. i didn't know there was stuff shoved in there? is it still open to the public?

if its still open to public, might i suggest an INGO outing? Guided Marengo outing in my HS days is one of my favorite memories - not like your tourist trap, you crawl along some paths, get soaked, and come out looking like a big clay turd.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does the MWDC give guided tours? Please tell me they give guided tours. I have so many questions to ask that tour guide. They're gonna be calling security to toss me back out the front door, I'm gonna be pestering them with so many in-depth questions about that place.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I had some friends buy one in nevada or new mexico back in the early 90's. I think they paid $30,000 - 50,000. I remember calling them idiots... :(

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Does the MWDC give guided tours? Please tell me they give guided tours. I have so many questions to ask that tour guide. They're gonna be calling security to toss me back out the front door, I'm gonna be pestering them with so many in-depth questions about that place.

i believe they have guided tours as well as more -spelunking- type stuff thats less touristy, not on cut out trails like mammoth in KY. some passages were so small you had to belly crawl to get thru them. when i was 200lbs i couldnt even take a full breath in one.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i believe they have guided tours as well as more -spelunking- type stuff thats less touristy, not on cut out trails like mammoth in KY. some passages were so small you had to belly crawl to get thru them. when i was 200lbs i couldnt even take a full breath in one.
    Marengo Warehouse and Distribution Center, not Marengo Cave. I've been through Marengo Cave. I'm not that interested in it anymore. I'm interested in the warehouse.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell

Marengo cave does off the concrete path tours as well if you want to pay more. I think a small group can even get an over night trip. As for the Wharehouse tour, I wanna go too!

Top Bottom