• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok help me out here. With the new year upon us, I want to get back into the shotshell reloading game. Years ago, I used my uncles MEC 650 progressive press. I also used a MEC single stage before that.
    I am considering offering to buy the progressive press from my uncle since it has just been sitting for several years. But, if not what are the best choices for an entry level press? Mostly reloading Winchester AA and Remington Gun Clubs.

Saw a Lee single stage press for @ $60 and that maybe a good deal but would like feedback to see what others are using.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I use two MEC 77's. Very happy. Single stage but quality shells drop out. As a Cowboy shooter I really like that it resizes the bases in stage 1.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Anywhere ya go you can find someone willing to badmouth the LEE plastic shotgun press. Had one in 20 ga several years ago and gave it away to another in greater need than me; he still gratefully uses it to this day, so they do and can last (He also incidentally uses a MEC progressive for 12 ga). I also have all the time in the world and therefore currently contently load on a MEC Versa and Jr, both singles........ However, am also experiencing some arthritic issues and don't know which direction I'll be going. May just go the Automate route. Anyways back to you, MEC progressives from what I've seen are great; but they also seem to suffer more often from issue than the single stage and require more arm to pull down on five hulls(?) than one. Not much help was it? Ok, I'll try to redeem myself by saying I toss all the Winchester AA hulls my brother's way and he tosses all the Remington hulls my way cause neither of us has consistently good crimps mixing the hulls with our load recipes.

Top Bottom