• ...and so much more!
  • Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've been playing with a Salvo suppressor for about year. Found a source for subsonic 12 pellet 00 buckshot which is very quiet through the Salvo. I finally got a chance to convert the Salvo to the 6 inch config and it's still relatively quiet with the subsonic loads.

gJ1WBPE.jpg

FDhyjzr.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Thanks. I could bring it if you want to try it on 24SEPT at the PROteq shoot

That'd be great. I'm definitely trying to make it out for that shoot. I should have plenty of shells since I have a new (to me) shotgun to try out.

I just picked up an 870 Express today from a fellow INGOer.

LvTFcWd.jpg

Last edited:

Fate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Been trying to figure out for the last couple weeks on a 870 vs 500. Seems most newer models are about the same

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Been trying to figure out for the last couple weeks on a 870 vs 500. Seems most newer models are about the same

For me the choice came down to a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 590 which is derived from the 500 family. Both are excellent although they each have nuances to rapid reloading. Pros and cons for both such as the safety location, particularly for lefties (Mossberg's is on top). With the extended factory magazine, the Mossberg will hold 8 rounds vs the Reminton's 7 (not counting one in the chamber). The Remington's receiver is made of steel. The Mossberg's is an alloy, which makes a difference to some, although I think it's a wash. If you're using it for self defense, you want the extended magazine. Adding one later is much more expensive than buying it with one installed. If it doubles for hunting or trap & skeet you can put in plugs that limit the rounds you can load. My recommendation is handling both at a B&M store to see what works and feels best for you. Each have a number of variants. For me, the decision between a 590 and an 870 came down to a very substantial cost difference with the low price I could get on the Remington including a healthy rebate.

John

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

I bought one of these a few days ago. We took it to the range today. What a fun gun to shoot. I have a Mossberg JIC I bought about 5 years ago. I shot a bit of everything threw it. I even ran some buck shot threw it. That was a bit rough but manageable. I also ran some of the 1 3/4 inch Aguila mini shells threw it. They ran fine without the adaptor, but I have one on order. I also shot some managed recoil loads threw it. They are very mild. We ran about 80 rounds threw it with no issues. I have no regrets buying it. And now my boy wants one. :faint:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    In wingshooting I rather dislike a thick wristed shotgun. So no M500's for me.

One shotgun to do it all?

Even if we carried it to "one rifle" and " one handgun"..........that'd be three guns.
    And done.

* yawn *

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    Here is my 870. They seem to be a popular choice throughout this thread. Mine has never given me any issues whatsoever. It's an ex-police issue and it came exactly as pictured with the surefire handle and all. Not bad at all for sub $400, hell the surefire handles go for around that much themselves I believe.

LUNsyeJl.jpg

wqTP9I8l.jpg

mhampton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Here's my double-barrel 12 GA by Meriden Arms. I've been thinking of trading her away.
    attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Meriden5.jpg
      Meriden5.jpg
      440.8 KB · Views: 10
    • Meriden1.jpg
      Meriden1.jpg
      244.3 KB · Views: 10

solarpimp

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Irvington
    I bought one of these a few days ago. We took it to the range today. What a fun gun to shoot. I have a Mossberg JIC I bought about 5 years ago. I shot a bit of everything threw it. I even ran some buck shot threw it. That was a bit rough but manageable. I also ran some of the 1 3/4 inch Aguila mini shells threw it. They ran fine without the adaptor, but I have one on order. I also shot some managed recoil loads threw it. They are very mild. We ran about 80 rounds threw it with no issues. I have no regrets buying it. And now my boy wants one. :faint:

I am looking at this or the Remmy Tac-14! Super cool and it sounds like there were no issues!

Top Bottom