• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like the store, the people work there. The range? Not so much. The guys were very friendly, I like talking to them and ask questions. Their prices were very reasonable(on guns). The range fee is the cheapest in town(I think, for indoor ranges), cheaper than both Pop and Don's...

The range, being the newest in town (I think), the air quality is less than I expected. The last time I was at Pop Guns, it was the near the end of the hour, I felt like suffocating. At ITP, each session is half hour only, we had to get out at 25 minutes, exactly. The wife actually wanted out much earlier. She was wondering if they had any working ventilation at all...

Also, the range is a separate part of the building. From the store the staff couldn't see what's going on in the range. So it's completely unsupervised, like the Wilbur Wright DNR range. I shot at Wilbur once, I didn't go back ever since. I feel much safer at ECPR...

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    That makes sense. Guess I didn't look up and spot those cameras. If they are upgrading the ventilation system, I'll probably check the range again in a few months...

cromus

Plinker
    Apr 27, 2011
    That's good news that the ventilation is getting upgraded. I'll definately head back in there once it's done.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I shot there for the first time on Thursday evening. I thought the place was fine; I'll definitely be back (until I join Marion County Fish and Game). I thought it was reasonably priced--although I am going to bring my own ammo next time. I thought the staff was very friendly as well.

nad63

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    First time at their range today at lunch time. Had to wait 10 mins or so because all 5 (?) lanes were busy (2 shooters sharing in a couple of lanes). Well lit, clean, friendly staff but very smoke filled as previously mentioned but the ventilation is meant to be getting a much needed upgrade.

MbMinx

Marksman
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indianapolis Area
    I just went yesterday and had a great time. It was my first time at an indoor range, so I have nothing to compare it to. It wasn't very busy - I had to wait maybe ten minutes, NBD. I found the price quite reasonable. I didn't think the air quality was bad but, as I said, it wasn't very busy.

I had a great time. I've never shot indoor before and I like it. Just me and a paper target and the challenge of putting holes where I wanted them. I'll definitely be back!

Backpacker

Expert
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Another first timer to shoot at the trading post. Great place to get a little trigger time. Reasonable rates too. Thanks for providing a place to shoot.

gearhead101

Plinker
    Dec 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    First time there yesterday, and first time in an indoor range in general. Not bad IMO, but the pulleys that move the targets out and back could be a bit better. The belt on mine kept coming off its pulley. They only had MagTech ammo for my buddies .40 Xd which his gun hated, about 20% of the rounds had a FTE. And as previously mentioned, the air quality was a bit on the harsh side. Deff messed with the sinuses a bit.

Overall, I'm satisfied with it and I'll be back. It'll be a great range once ventilation is there however.

Oh, and $40 for INGO members for 10 half hour sessions. Great price.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Went in today just for range time, the smoke was still a little much, but far from intolerable, got off about 200 rounds in my allotted time. Went into the shop to browse a but, I wanted to pick up a Nighthawk 1911 but I promised the lady not to buy anymore guns until next month. I did however pick up an AR mag just so that I wasn't leaving without purchasing anything. There was no wait for the range, and everyone cleaned up after themselves, I love having another indoor range within a half hour driving distance that isn't Don's. Thanks ITP

Top Bottom