• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I found, purely by accident, a shooting range just South of Lafayette on county road 75S.:rockwoot:
    The place is called Quail Run Sportsmans Club. 6345W. 75S. West Point
    I know they are an archery range, and I was told they have traps?:dunno: I talked to the owner yesterday on the phone and he told me just to "show up" this Saturday at the BBQ/ Ducks Unlimited "Fun Shoot" and introduce myself for the "grand tour".:popcorn:
    Anyone here know anything else about this place? Looks like it's been there a while. I'm curious to find out if they have a pistol/rifle range, and what the membership fees are.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I missed your call earlier, but I wasn't able to find anything about them via google. I have never heard of the place, and neither has anyone I know that shoots in the area. I am certainly down to check it out this weekend, and hopefully they have a nice facility. Hopefully someone can chime in on the place, as it seems to have sprung out of no where.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    aclark,
    Try this.
    Http//:Lafayette Liars Club Fun Shoot/Cook Out: Indiana Ducks Unlimited
    I said I found this place by accident, and this was all I could find on-line. This is a link to the Ducks Unlimited "Fun Shoot" taking place at Quail Run Sportsmans Club this Sat.
    I HAVE driven by it, but so far that is it.
    I'll try to call again this evening to coordinate a meet & greet.
    Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, I know about the place, have never been though. It's near a place I was looking at buying when I was house shopping (ended up downtown).

Thought it was more of a hunting preserve than a shooting range.

Please report back.:)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just talked to the owner a couple of days ago. They ARE a preserve, but they do have at least archery ranges, and the owner told me they had either skeet or trap, don't recall what he said for sure. The call had to be cut short, he was busy with something else, before I could ask about rifle or pistol ranges. He told me just to "Show up" at the Ducks Unlimited "Fun Shoot" on Sat. or come by on Sun. and he would give me a tour.
    aclark & I are going to check it out late Sat. morn. Thought about leaving Lafayette about 11:00. Pm me, or give me a call if you are interested. I told aclark, If wee get enough people together, maybe we'll just make a convoy of it!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    i drive past there often, I don't think they have a rifle range.. but they do have trap..
    not as large of a place as Linden..
    I'll let you know next week, what I find out over the weekend. I hope you're pleasantly surprised, I'm sure the guy told me they had traps? down by the tree line. The only tree line I saw when I went by was 500 yards away from the road, and a lane led back behind the tree line.

Top Bottom