• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    Wondering if there is anyone around SW Indy that would allow some military members to regularly(1-2 a month) on their property. Would even pay small fee. The range prices round here will drive enthusiast under.

Lemmitt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    New Albany
    Have you ever been to Camp Atterbury? They have a great range and it like $6 an hour per lane and no lame cards or extra fees

It's very safe. They stop and clear every 30 mins for people to go down range...I think it is run well and it seems to be more serious shooters rather than people duel wielding pistols and shooting AR's on an indoor range lol

General Information | Atterbury Shooting Complex

I am in no way affiliated with the place but I want to promote them because it is a great affordable place where they have put some money in to make it better

What is the best range for long distance shooting? I want at least 700 yards.

You need to find some farm land my friend

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Wondering if there is anyone around SW Indy that would allow some military members to regularly(1-2 a month) on their property. Would even pay small fee. The range prices round here will drive enthusiast under.

You are military and don't know about Camp Atterbury? Been in Indiana long?

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Let a bunch of strangers shoot on your land in this age of huge law suits, you have to be kidding?. The land owner has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Let a bunch of strangers shoot on your land in this age of huge law suits, you have to be kidding?. The land owner has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Really? Tell that to the GREAT INGO members that have and do let others enjoy their land! They have had almost NO problems and have become good friends with MANY other GREAT INGO members!!!:ingo:

With the right attitudes on both sides, there is A LOT to gain! And NOTHING to lose! Hopefully you have a chance to learn that!:)

Eta: if I had the land available, I would deffinitly invite others! Including you!

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    I don't see the problem. Common interests gathering. That is mindboggling

You are military and don't know about Camp Atterbury? Been in Indiana long?
    Did 6 yrs Air Force and just moved back home and transferred to Army Guard. So...

Last edited by a moderator:

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    Well, let's give the stats on atterbury public works range: 100 yards, several rifle lanes. You have shorter distances with rifle, but 100 is longest. Pistol lanes are nice too. All outdoors.

youcancallme-al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Atterbury is alright. They are really big on safety. I actually work on the military side of the camp. If you want distance try Crosley. I belive they have a large range.

Top Bottom