• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    I haven’t shipped ammunition in decades and that was from a UPS hub. I am listing some ammunition for sale but haven’t a clue what carrier will handle ammunition or the costs involved. If anyone has recent experience or knowledge to share on the matter I would appreciate hearing it. I tried to do a thread search but it seems I don’t know how.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I haven’t shipped ammunition in decades and that was from a UPS hub. I am listing some ammunition for sale but haven’t a clue what carrier will handle ammunition or the costs involved. If anyone has recent experience or knowledge to share on the matter I would appreciate hearing it. I tried to do a thread search but it seems I don’t know how.
    Just shipped some via UPS. They're rates we're about 50% cheaper than FedEx and less hoops to jump thru

With UPS I printed a label with weight and box dimensions. It asks what you're shipping and I declared ammunition. Printed shipping label, printed the diamond symbol and taped them to the box. Normally would have to be dropped off at a UPS hub but I've known my UPS guy for 30 years. He took package for me and it was delivered in just under 30 hours. I believe there was an option to have UPS pick up, but don't know if there was an added charge for that.

It cost $27 to ship 3k rounds of 22lr with a weight of 24#. FedEx was closer to $50

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I used ups with no hassle. You need to print out the square hazard label and tape it to all sides. You must go to an actual ups drop off center, not a ups store or drop box.

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    I set up a UPS account this morning. I'm lost though it has a lot of "do this" "set this" type stuff with little on screen guidance. I'll figure it out.

I'm going to be selling quite a bit of extra stuff a lot of it firearms or firearm related and would like to be able to quote shipping prices from home for the simplicity and time saved.

Never shipped much stuff like this before and never shipped a firearm so I'm starting almost from scratch.

I appreciate the help.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Found out the hard way that not all UPS storefronts know what to do, or how to deal with this. So lucky that a UPS terminal was only a few more miles from the storefront. Those folks there Knew, and with VERY little hassle or fuss, had my package enroute in minutes.

Top Bottom