• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fw501

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Wondering if anyone else has had issues with shells extracting over the top of the weapon instead of to the side. It doesn't happen all the time but enough that it is irritating, especially when a case hits me in the face! :xmad: What could be the possible cause? This happens with many types of amunition.:dunno:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Quit holding it "Gangsta Style" and it wont!! :D

I have honestly never had that happen with mine so I don't know what to tell you. I have a PK380 that does that a lot and can't figure out why.

I know neither of my comments help you, but I couldnt resist my little joke!

Ok, I am going now! :ingo:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

If you're holding it "Gangsta Style" and the casings are going up---you ain't doin it right. I was told--from reliable resource--that the reason they started doing it that way was because the cheap guns/ammo they were using wouldn't eject the casings so they would hold them where the casings would fall down/out rather than getting hung up in the slide. "Bits of Tid..."

I think now it's just Gangsta and stooooopid. :twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The G17 I owned for a short while did this to me as well. You'd have thought that I was completely inexperienced at shooting handguns when I mentioned this tendency over on GlockTalk....

As did both of the Steyr M9-A1 pistols I used to own.

It's a combination of the ejection port geometry, the power of the ammo, strength of the recoil spring, and the position of the pistol out in front of you while shooting.

Other firearms, like the Steyrs mentioned above, have a MUCH higher incidence of this than others, though, due to ejection port geometry.

-J-

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I have an XD40 service and I have never had any issues like this. Not matter what ammo I shoot through it it always drops them nicely to my right and just slightly behind me.

Have you tried holding the gun with two hands and with a your wrists firm. Possibly the recoil of the gun is causing the cases to be directed toward your face.

I would try experimenting with your grip a bit and see if that doesn't resolve the issue.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

I have honestly never had that happen with mine so I don't know what to tell you. I have a PK380 that does that a lot and can't figure out why.

I know neither of my comments help you, but I couldnt resist my little joke!

Ok, I am going now! :ingo:

The wife's PK380 does the same thing. Got a good laugh when a hot shell casing went down the cleavage, till she showed me the burn the next day.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    My XDs don't do it, but my Glock does depending on ammo. WWB seems to always do it, but never experimented with springs. Not too concerned. Wear a hat and it will usually roll right off.:D

Look at it this way, it's easier to clean up the brass.

Top Bottom