• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    While I understand the arguments for this as far as streamlining the process because the appointees aren't getting approved fast enough as well as agreeing that the Senate is ignoring part of its duty, both of these arguments miss the mark.

Like so many things Congress does this is just another example of attempting to treat the symptom instead of the disease. The problem isn't that there are so many appointees that the Senate can't get to them all, the problem is that there are so many appointees, period! The Senate can't keep up with approving all of them because the government is just too damned big.

I think this qualifies as an unexpected warning system for the size of the government. If there are too many appointees that the Senate can't get to them all then there must be too many positions. Don't treat the symptom by making the approval process quicker, treat the disease and get rid of the positions themselves.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think this qualifies as an unexpected warning system for the size of the government. If there are too many appointees that the Senate can't get to them all then there must be too many positions. Don't treat the symptom by making the approval process quicker, treat the disease and get rid of the positions themselves.

I agree. The Senate should be burdened with an approval list that is just as cumbersome as the size of government that they yoke us with. Streamline the system by eliminating some agencies, and the yahoos that head them.

Top Bottom