• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wouldn't reload for others. I've had people ask. I just give them the run around as to why I won't. The major reason is liability. The other is time. My time is free to me, but not to others. By the time I charged them for what I feel my time is worth, they could buy their ammo cheaper at the store.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    ooooo btw i have a question of all u savy carpenters my reloading desk is a big old teachers desk and i kinda of cracked it about 3" up from my press towards the middle of the desk.....have any suggestions? i was gonna try some 2x4 drilled into it to make it stronger.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I have my press mounted to a piece of 24x24 1/4 steel plate and then have that fastened to my bench, which is an old solid oak door from a hospital my brother was GF at during a remodel job. The steel spreads the load out.
    Try that.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    +1 for the salvaged solid oak door. Mine came from the local VA hospital during an expansion. No steel plate, and after almost 40 years of loading it's still good as new. It has been refinished a couple times over the years.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't even shoot my best friend's reloads, even if he gives them to me. Of course, all may change depending on what the government does to us later.

Top Bottom