• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Make sure you read the rules and follow them when posting your ads please.
    You seemed to ignore my post warning.
    :dunno:

Take this to heart. If you want things to go smoothly, there is a sticky thread at the top of the Classifieds forum that says exactly what you need to include in your classified post. Follow it and you should have no problems. :)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am located in Indy and wanted to sell a few guns. I was just wondering which store would offer a fair price for the guns. Are the chains better or worse than local shops? I would consider selling in person but I have never done that before. I would think GM or Cabalas would offer fair deals but figured I would ask here first before dragging the guns to a bunch of different places.

Please read this thread.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I've had luck with local auctions.
    Can you expound on that? Consigning them with an auctioneer is something I would like to know more about and am happy to see that somebody here has done it. How far in advance of the actual auction did you have to contact them? How long did you have to wait for payment? How did you do compared to selling them yourself?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Can you expound on that? Consigning them with an auctioneer is something I would like to know more about and am happy to see that somebody here has done it. How far in advance of the actual auction did you have to contact them? How long did you have to wait for payment? How did you do compared to selling them yourself?

absloutely, we had a family member pass who had decent collection. At the time we collectively knew close to zero about guns. Some people said "set up a table at a gun show". Having, at the time never even been to a gun show, I had no clue how I would even do that. We also knew very little about their value. All the "keepsake" guns had been held back so we were just looking to get a fair price for what was left. We were already in contact with an auction house for the remaining household goods, and they were also an FFL holder so they were able to handle the firearms without any extra hassle.

They advertised the guns locally and on the internet. The prices realized were probably a bit higher than we expected, but the house also took 20% (which we knew and were OK with).

Looking back, and knowing what I do today, after the auction house took their share, we probably made just as much as i could have selling them myself. There was zero hassle on our part, and it took maybe 3 weeks after the auction before we received a check.

I attend gun auctions frequently now, and the deals I find are few and far.

bigbore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Indy S Side
    If you want to avoid the classifieds tatle tales. I would be happy to offer you a low ball fleecing offer. :draw:

I am sure you would, lol. I have had a few offers and if they dont pan out I will put it in the classifieds here and if that doesn't work then PSS seems to be the best option. I am not in a a rush so there is no hurry.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Consignment is better at USDS. When it sells you are paid. Not weeks/months later. Did they say what the reasoning is for the extremely unreasonable wait? I could see waiting up to 7 if their accountant only cuts checks weekly. Its not like they risk having to take it back as a return since all sales are final.

I think their reasoning has to do with the delay of the bank settling credit card charges. They told me that they pay the consignor much faster if the gun sold for cash. There was nothing in the consignment agreement about me being on the hook if the bank never pays them for the credit card sale (e.g., a chargeback) ... that's all on them, as far as I know ... but I guess they feel like if they aren't getting paid for a while, the consignor doesn't get paid either.

Top Bottom