• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Thinking about selling my Bushmaster XM-15 AR , not because it jams or make me unhappy but due to the ammo crisis. Im considering buying a Waffen Werks AK-74 due to the lower cost of ammo & its actually available but already have 2 Ak-74 of other manufacturer(so have mags & ammo already) really have quite a bit invested in the AR & am pretty stockpiled on mags & ammo ,think I just hang on to it & wait out the crisis ?

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have both also, I think the cheap ammo for the AK74 could dry up at any time, and you can't really reload for it. I would keep both.

Dave

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have both also, I think the cheap ammo for the AK74 could dry up at any time, and you can't really reload for it. I would keep both.
    Dave

ONE teeny tiny stroke of the pen and the "cheap" imported surplus 5.45x39 is history. (Same with any other imported ammo)

That is a VERY real scenario.

That said, SOMEONE would produce it domestically if there aren't any more imports. Then it wouldn't be much less expensive than any of the 5.56x45 that's being produced. It'd actually probably cost MORE now that I think a bit about it.

All in all, do what you want. I wish I'd have waited until mid-January to have sold my WW AKm-74.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I vote to hold onto it! It will either become more valuable or it will be shootin time again (I prefer lots of hunting paper)!

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Yeah , Ive had it since 1991 & Im probably not going to shoot up my supply anytime soon so Ill just hang on to it.Just needed to hear some voice of reason & assurance.Never thought about an ammo import ban,all I buy is the surplus can stuff.Been trying to pick up some dies and going to work on some reloads,just gotta win a bid

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah , Ive had it since 1991 & Im probably not going to shoot up my supply anytime soon so Ill just hang on to it.Just needed to hear some voice of reason & assurance.Never thought about an ammo import ban,all I buy is the surplus can stuff.Been trying to pick up some dies and going to work on some reloads,just gotta win a bid
    You drive a hard bargain... $51?

:) Probably best to keep it.

Top Bottom