• ...and so much more!
  • SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

I'm not sure exactly what to say about this one, other than wondering if this woman had a permit for that deadly shovel she was toting around. Pay close attention to her comment about when they locked eyes.

I guess that based on her comments this could have gone into 'survival,' 'self defense' or maybe even 'law.' I'm sticking with the catch-all forum just to be safe!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    "I just gave it a little tap, just a little tap, like this..."

Yeah, well... anyway LOL

Her lawyer best come up with a new story, I don' think that one is gonna fly!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    She is an old woman so I feel for her. But I don't think she is going to walk away from this Scott free. If it had been a full grown deer she could have some justification. A baby deer, a fawn, no one looking at her case is going to have much sympathy, she had better come up with a better story.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As always, we don't know what really went through her mind. Initial reaction could very well have been that of being scared. You are working and working and then suddenly your are completely startled by something in the flower bed. First reaction may have been to just hit it. I'm not entirely sure that is actually what I believe happened but it may have. The problem is when you get scared, you may not actually remember what you were feeling or what actually happened.

I remember one time, I had a bo in my hand. I saw a spider and threw the bo. It hit Scutter in the head. (A bo is a karate weapon... aka a 5'-6' piece of wood). It scared me and that was my reaction. (Yeah, I know.. I'm a tough karate woman with a black belt thats scared of spiders)

My point is that it may have scared her. We don't really know what happened but I'm very very disappointed that a baby deer was hurt. They may be a nuisance but what cute animals.. :)

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I think this woman is a little bit "off her rocker". Old people can do some strange things. And when they're faced with killer deer, anything can happen.

Mental note: If meeting Spasmo in a dark alley, bring handful of spiders.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    IMO this is based on the "cuteness" level of the animal. I don't condone beating any animal to death, but I suspect had this been a large possum we would have heard nothing about it. :twocents:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    IMO this is based on the "cuteness" level of the animal. I don't condone beating any animal to death, but I suspect had this been a large possum we would have heard nothing about it. :twocents:

Of course. And if it had been a vicious full grown Bengal Tiger that had escaped from a zoo and eaten two small children and a baby she would then be a hero. That's the point isn't it? It was a baby deer.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Spasmo, did Scutter believe that spider story? Come on, tell us, why did you really throw that bo at him? LOL

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    That's worse than hanging and shoot'n dogs.... :rolleyes:

Maybe we should cut her some slack, maybe its just a culture thing like Dog Fighting, isn't that what Michael Vick said?!?

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    This is freaking ridiculous. If there is an animal on your property you do not want there, you should be able to get rid of it any way you deem necessary. I know that's how it is out here, you can kill the animal as a nuisance; must be a different story for living in town. I can't stand people that think animals have the same rights as people.

At least she did something with it instead of let it just lay there and rot.

+1 for old lady in my book, even though anybody with half a brain can tell she's lying about how it happened.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Mental note: If meeting Spasmo in a dark alley, bring handful of spiders.
    You might want to make sure I have nothing on me that could hurt you. :) and OH MY GOSH. You'd actually hold a hand full of spiders? Are you nuts? They may crawl up your arm and into your ear where they'll lay thousands of eggs.. :)

Spasmo, did Scutter believe that spider story? Come on, tell us, why did you really throw that bo at him? LOL
    Nope sorry.. that's a true story and unfortunately I think there were about 4 people, including him, to actually witness it. I can't believe I am so afraid of such little things. I have seen people worse than I though.

"I just gave him a little tap, just a little tap, like this..."
    That made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that. :)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Someone should either get her professional help (some sort of group home) or return the favor, either works for me.

She thought a 25 lb fawn was going to jump up and bite her head off? GTFO.

Top Bottom