Seeing the thread about Kinkos made me think...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    We scanned ours to have digital copies of our LTCHs, but you could probably print from the scanned copy with a black and white printer onto the 20# pink paper. It'd be more economical that way, I'd think.

And a link to another thread talking about LTCH copies:

clicky: Permit Copies

Last edited:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Yes, but fo me to print onto pink paper I would have to buy some. It would then be more econmical to have it done at Kinkos. However I could print a color scanned picture and print solid pink the back with just enough coverage. Once laminated it should look like an origional.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I scan my documents in color.

The problem with printing it with a color printer would be duplicating the pink color of the background. What you see on the monitor is hardly ever what the printer does exactly unless you have a really well tuned system.

I think in the long run it would be better just to convert the image to black and white, then print on pink when you need it. If you never need a copy, then you don't have to worry about it.

I don't think paper weight makes any difference either. Once you laminate it, the thickness of the paper is moot. Go for similar color and just do it.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't think paper weight makes any difference either. Once you laminate it, the thickness of the paper is moot. Go for similar color and just do it.

True, but 20# is the cheapest and that is what the original license is printed on.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    rhino

While it is true that the color might not be quite on, I doubt any PD officer is going to be able to tell.

Officer: May I see you license please.
    LTCH Holder: Here you are officer
    Officer: I can tell that this is a copy. It's more of a tamarisk shade and not the standard ISP cerise pink.
    LTCH Holder: Curses, foiled again

:D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, when i try to print mine, the color isn't even close, and it looks like it was printed in pink, not pink paper. Maybe I need a better printer.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Well, when i try to print mine, the color isn't even close, and it looks like it was printed in pink, not pink paper. Maybe I need a better printer.

Try these:

24%20Crayola%20Crayons.jpg

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    rhino

While it is true that the color might not be quite on, I doubt any PD officer is going to be able to tell.

Officer: May I see you license please.
    LTCH Holder: Here you are officer
    Officer: I can tell that this is a copy. It's more of a tamarisk shade and not the standard ISP cerise pink.
    LTCH Holder: Curses, foiled again

:D

:lmfao:

I worked selling window coverings at J. C. Penney for about ten years... you'd be amazed at just how many different colors "mauve" is. :p

My favorite color misunderstanding ever, though, was when a lady came in looking for some "ivy" colored draperies. I showed her every green curtain we had in the store, trying to figure out what color she meant by "ivy." After about forty-five minutes and exhausting my supply of anything that even remotely resembled ivy (read: every green and blue and yellow thing i could think of), she found a cream colored drapery. What she really meant was "ivory." That was years ago, and I'm still laughing about it. :):

Ok, slightly off track, but I've actually had conversations like that before.
    lol.gif

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yes, but fo me to print onto pink paper I would have to buy some. It would then be more econmical to have it done at Kinkos. However I could print a color scanned picture and print solid pink the back with just enough coverage. Once laminated it should look like an origional.

What would Kinkos charge you for three sheets of pink paper?

Blessings,
    B

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I scan mine, then run it through photoshop to maximize the black and take out the pink background. If anyone needs this done, I can either do it (I understand privacy concerns lol) or can explain how to do it if you have Photoshop.

Nate

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Ok I guess I missed something! Why is it that everyone wants a million copies of their LTCH. Please explain.

So you always have one on you.
    The general consensus has been that you keep the original in your gun safe, a copy in your wallet, a copy in each car, possibly a copy in each range bag... you get the idea. So you're never without one, "just in case."

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    So you always have one on you.
    The general consensus has been that you keep the original in your gun safe, a copy in your wallet, a copy in each car, possibly a copy in each range bag... you get the idea. So you're never without one, "just in case."
    Especially when this little, pink piece of paper is supposed to last me another 85+ years.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Oh I see. I guess there is never a time a don't have my wallet on me, so I'm never without it. And I laminate it pretty good and it usually stays in great shape. There you have it. Thanks for the answer.

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    Kinkos will sell you the pink paper. I bought 5 sheets a few weeks back. Cost like .15 each. So now I can do it at home.

I haven't done this yet but I'm wondering if anyone else has. I've already laminated my LTCH, has anyone made copies of theirs afterwards? This forum and thread ;-) didn't exist 15 mo ago when I got mine.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can scan through the lamination okay, but it might take a few tries to get a good image.

You might also consider cutting the lamination pouch open, making a copy of the bare license, then relaminating. Hopefully it's not "stuck" on the inside. Of course, if you used a cheapie do-it-yourself lamination pouch that uses and adhesive, you're done.

Top Bottom