lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Ribs!

Well, it has been raining steadily most of the day, so I can't work around the property and range getting ready for Saturday. So, I decided to cook the ribs ahead and then warm them up slowly on Saturday afternoon.

Here's what a small part of them looks like. Sorry the internet doesn't transmit aromas, because the whole house smells smoky!:rockwoot:

24x2x6g.jpg

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time Saturday!

As a reminder, the safety orientation and introduction to NFA begins at noon on the range. I'm expecting most people to arrive around 11:30 am.

Dave
    (aka 'lovemywoods')

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    If you'r dad didn't have a tin can on a string for an ISP I'd bring my laptop and upload pics and video Sat. night! :D

You get reps for that description of my internet service!!:rockwoot:I hooted when I read that!

As a background for other readers, I live in Brown County and use Hughes Satellite as my ISP. It's the only choice other than dial-up. It is horrible service...slow, unreliable, and subject to outages in bad weather. That's why it's funny when VUPDblue so accurately maligns my connection. :yesway:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Anyone from around Shelbyville want to carpool? Or anyone coming from up north want to caravan, park-n-ride, or anything? I could comfortably fit about 3 extra guys (F250 CC).

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Anyone from around Shelbyville want to carpool? Or anyone coming from up north want to caravan, park-n-ride, or anything? I could comfortably fit about 3 extra guys (F250 CC).

I could be up for t hat if I don't have my focus together. And if I do have it together and ready. You can ride along in it. But that'll be all I can fit since I don't have the back seats in it right now. :D

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Well, it has been raining steadily most of the day, so I can't work around the property and range getting ready for Saturday. So, I decided to cook the ribs ahead and then warm them up slowly on Saturday afternoon.

Here's what a small part of them looks like. Sorry the internet doesn't transmit aromas, because the whole house smells smoky!:rockwoot:

24x2x6g.jpg

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time Saturday!

As a reminder, the safety orientation and introduction to NFA begins at noon on the range. I'm expecting most people to arrive around 11:30 am.

Dave
    (aka 'lovemywoods')

You got an egg.. I used to do cooking demonstrations on those at Grill Masters Garden in Zionsville...:yesway:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I talked with lovemywoods, who said he was in the process of thawing over 50lbs. of ribs! :eek: (I'm pretty sure 25lbs. of that is for VUPDblue and bigcraig alone. . . . )

Really, Evan? Really? A guy eats ONE huge deep-fried sammich and he's marked for life, is that it?:n00b:

:lol2:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    No, it was the sharing a sundae with Craig afterward that killed your reputation. ;)

This.

Actually, it was the cherry on top of the sundae that pushed you over the edge. . . . :D

I'm packing my gear up right now, watching the rain drizzle down. :xmad: This really needs to stop. . . .

I'll be prepping down at the range this evening, and look forward to seeing folks bright and early tomorrow morning!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    T
    I'm packing my gear up right now, watching the rain drizzle down. :xmad: This really needs to stop. . . .

It will; your Dad has made a deal with the Man Upstairs. ;)

Tonight: A few showers early, then clouds lingering overnight. Low 58F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.

Tomorrow: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 76F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow night: A few showers in the evening with clear skies overnight. Low 53F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Sunday: Abundant sunshine. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 50s.

Tonight, I clean guns and pack gear. Tomorrow, we rock! :rockwoot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ya'll be careful getting to the range. In some spots leaves have been brought down by the rain. Wet leaves + curves/hills = ditch.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've gotten some PMs from people asking about a schedule for the event. I don't recall it being posted here or being sent out via PM (d'oh!), so here it is:

11:30 Arrive
    12:00 Safety briefing
    12:15 Shooting begins
    3:00 Break
    3:30 Shooting resumes
    6:00 Pack up gear
    6:30 Dinner, Questions, Conversation
    7:30 Depart

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I can't wait!!! I am so excited!!

I don't have a lot of ammo becuase I promised my wife I wouldn't spend a ton since I just bought my Rat knives. (I will have them with me if anyone wants to see them)

I have 200 rounds of .223, 250 rounsd 9mm. penty of shot shells and plenty of .22. 100 .22 subsonic.

I know its not a lot but plenty to have some fun I think.

I did have one question. I know that this is an NFA day so we really wont be shooting any non-NFA items (except maybe a few cool pieces the vendors have) so there is no need to bring weapons.

What about our EDC? Is this acceptable or no? not to shoot, just carry?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Feel free to bring along your EDC if you like. I'll make it clear here, as well as tomorrow, that this is NOT a gunshow and all weapons will be holstered or cased while not on the firing line under the direction of an RO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom