• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    As I've mentioned on a few threads, I purchased my first handgun on Saturday. The wife and I headed to Bite the Bullet in Seymour so I could buy a gun and she could get some pepper spray. After drooling all over the display cases for a while, I chose the SCCY CPX-2.

I finally got around to taking a few pictures to share with you guys. Once I get to take it to the range, I'm sure I'll have more!

picture.php

When I finally got home, I was like a kid at Christmas.

picture.php

Contents include:
    2 10rd Magazines
    Optional Flat Magazine Baseplates
    Trigger Lock

picture.php

I'll take some more pics when I get to the range (hopefully soon) and write up an AAR on the experience.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have the first generation SKKY in two tone finish. Great customer service and not related to Kel-tec, I never had any issues with the pistol in at least five years. They sent me the updaded safety lever for free and the person on the phone from SCCY did ask if I wanted to sell him the pistol. I like it others don't. Good luck with your new pistol.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    cpx-2 is still the best kept secret and the most of the $$$ I have several hundred flawless rounds through mine - one word of caution: DO NOT PULL THE TRIGGER WITH THE SLIDE OFF, my son did while cleaning and something broke....... returned to sccy for repair (or they would send me the parts free) they replaced the broken part and updated a few more - it shoots even better now :) enjoy

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    cpx-2 is still the best kept secret and the most of the $$$ I have several hundred flawless rounds through mine - one word of caution: DO NOT PULL THE TRIGGER WITH THE SLIDE OFF, my son did while cleaning and something broke....... returned to sccy for repair (or they would send me the parts free) they replaced the broken part and updated a few more - it shoots even better now :) enjoy

I've heard that their customer service was great. Thanks for the advice.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I picked up one a couple of months ago. Have about 300 rounds thru it, flawless:)
    The only minor issue is the mags are REAL stiff and hard to load at first. They loosen up with use.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    +1 for their customer service.
    I have the cpx-1 gen 1. I bought it 4-5 yrs ago. My first handgun. I love it. There are some mixed reviews on it, but it has never given me a problem. I still carry it as a backup.

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    I picked up one a couple of months ago. Have about 300 rounds thru it, flawless:)
    The only minor issue is the mags are REAL stiff and hard to load at first. They loosen up with use.

Yeah, mine were too. Kept them loaded for a couple days, then emptied and reloaded them and they were much better.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    I have the first generation SKKY in two tone finish. Great customer service and not related to Kel-tec, I never had any issues with the pistol in at least five years. They sent me the updaded safety lever for free and the person on the phone from SCCY did ask if I wanted to sell him the pistol. I like it others don't. Good luck with your new pistol.

That's interesting. I also have a Gen 1 Skyy, and contacted them several weeks ago about potentially getting the updated safety lever from them.

They have been insistent on completely replacing my gun with a new one, to which I told them no. It's really too bad, but I commend them on wanting to replace the gun completely. It is good customer service without a doubt. But, I'd rather have a gun that I don't use with the original name on it with a bad safety lever simply because it'll most likely end up as a collectors item.

This is what I was told:

"Keeping your current firearm is your choice. The only issue would be: the receiver material that was used to make your receiver will not last very long. Eventually the assembly pin hole in the receiver will wear out causing many cycling issues. The older style receiver is unable to be modified to current standards due to the material. Because of these factors we can not guarantee proper performance from the older models as we can with the new ones.
    We will happily replace your pistol with any of our current models at no charge."

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    That's interesting. I also have a Gen 1 Skyy, and contacted them several weeks ago about potentially getting the updated safety lever from them.

They have been insistent on completely replacing my gun with a new one, to which I told them no. It's really too bad, but I commend them on wanting to replace the gun completely. It is good customer service without a doubt. But, I'd rather have a gun that I don't use with the original name on it with a bad safety lever simply because it'll most likely end up as a collectors item.

This is what I was told:

"Keeping your current firearm is your choice. The only issue would be: the receiver material that was used to make your receiver will not last very long. Eventually the assembly pin hole in the receiver will wear out causing many cycling issues. The older style receiver is unable to be modified to current standards due to the material. Because of these factors we can not guarantee proper performance from the older models as we can with the new ones.
    We will happily replace your pistol with any of our current models at no charge."

You think maybe they want them back because of the vodka thing:D

MMCinFTW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I think you'll be impressed when you get to the range. I just fired mine for the first time today. I ran 50 rounds of Armscor USA 124 grain FMJ & 10 rounds of Remington Golden Saber 124 grain JHP through it without any FTF or FTE. Shot high and to the right until I got a feel for the trigger pull and the weight of the gun. By the time I was halfway through my rounds I was plinking clay targets at 25 feet with most every shot. I didn't think is was too bad since I haven't shot a handgun in over 30 years.

Last edited:

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    Waiting for the weather to be a bit better before I head to the range since there aren't any indoor ranges in reasonable driving distance. The good news is the wait has given me time to get more ammo together for it. Gonna try a few different brands out when I go.

Top Bottom