• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    You are looking at tow different systems. ISP is totally digital. SAFE-T is a state wide system for local PDs to use for interoperability. It is not totally functional and not all PDs use it.

That's why I'm asking,
    It is confusing, I don't intentionally monitor the ISP,
    but have picked up some analog traffic from the tollroad.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    There may still be some ISP traffic on analog but the dispatch (former 42.42 MHz) is all digital now. I think when it come right down to it the smaller PDs/Sheriffs will stay on analog. Equipment is much cheaper to buy and maintain and they don't need all the latest "bells-n-whistles".

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    The plan is for everyone to get on the digital equipment but it is expensive and it does not work everywhere. In my husband's patrol area he has to still carry his analog because it gets out when the digital doesn't. Here at home where we can't get a cell signal he can talk to LEO'S on the digital radio all over the country. Still haven't completely figured that one out.....

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Uniden Bearcat Twin Turbo Sportcat Scanner - Help?

IS anyone out there familiar with programming this scanner? Is it even capable of picking much up now days?

It picks up some Hancock county stuff but I'd like to fine tune it into the Hancock county freqs. It says it has 12 band coverage, not sure what that means I didn't get a manual with it.

So anyways, I'm tapping the collective INGO Hams etc for some help on this.

Please and Thanks! :yesway:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Uniden Bearcat Twin Turbo Sportcat Scanner - Help?

okay I've found the Uniden SC150Yom (owners manual) online, but it's confusing to me, I'm new to this thing.

I guess I need to ask if anyone has Hancock county Emergency/Fire/LE or any other freqs so I can try to program this scanner.

Thanks for any help! :yesway:

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know on scanamerica.us you can pick up ISP near Ft.Wayne as well as IMPD/IFD/Paramedic. I am still getting into trunking scanners, but it is a good chunk of change, but I'm in no rush to pick one up since I can pull it up on the internet or my iphone.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    For anyone lives in the Boone and Hendricks county area, this guy plugged his scanners into his computer.. Also hosts the stormnet.. Pretty cool and free:)

N9WP Shack _______________

Get on there there taking down a dude whos taking stereos from a car lot, very good stuff. :yesway::yesway:

Top Bottom