• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evill150

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    nwi
    so i figured i'd check in with the experienced ones here. i came across a savage arms 116 fss long action 30-06 w/o accutrigger(:() and was lookin to put a scope on it.i've read that savage arms have a wider mount spacing and not any scope can be mounted to it? true? it already has a 2 piece base on it so i was looking for some recommendations and tips.. thanks in advance guys (and gals).

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I don't know if it is Savage specific, but it is possible to run into problems on long-actions (like the 30-06) using 2-piece bases.

I normally go with a 1-piece picatinny base like the Warne -- just make certain you get the appropriate rear shape for your receiver (round or flat rear.)

Using the 1-piece base, I can put the rings wherever they are needed in order to fit my scope.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I don't know if it is Savage specific, but it is possible to run into problems on long-actions (like the 30-06) using 2-piece bases.

I normally go with a 1-piece picatinny base like the Warne -- just make certain you get the appropriate rear shape for your receiver (round or flat rear.)

Using the 1-piece base, I can put the rings wherever they are needed in order to fit my scope.

This, use a 1 peice base and put the rings where you need them.

Top Bottom